Phuket, Thursday December 24, 2009


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 24th 2009
Published: December 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Phuket, Thursday December 24, 2009

Sorry, I know it’s been a little while since my last blog but I’ve literally been on vacation, lol!!
We got down to Phuket on Saturday, and we’re loving it so far!! It’s exactly how it’s described to be, “lush green forests meeting the turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea”. For a small island, Phuket has a lot of hills, and even some rainforests.
Our apartment is located on the east side of the Island. Its part of a great little complex with everything we need, and the apartment itself is really nice. We each have our own bedroom/washroom, living/dining room, and a roof top patio! We’re about a 20 minute drive from the other side of the island. That’s where most of the beaches and bars are at, but we really don’t mind. Being on this side, and having the car, actually gives us the opportunity to explore all that this island has to offer.
We’ve already spent an evening in Phuket town, and we’ve been to Pattong and Kamala Beach. We’re hoping to knock off all of the beaches on this island before we leave.
As nice as beach time has been, we’re starting to get a little restless, so we’ve decided to go on a diving trip!! We’re going to enroll in a 3 day diving course which includes: half day classroom (homework and a written test), half day in a pool, then 2 open water dives. They take us out to an island, I forget the name, it’s about an hour and a half from Phuket, and there we get to do our open water test. We’re accompanied by an instructor the whole time, so it should make for some good fun and some awesome pictures!! Wish me luck everyone!!
We were also hoping to get over to Ko Pha-Nang for News Year Eve (full moon party), but the flights over are all booked. We’d have to fly back to Bangkok, and then down to Kao Samui, and then a ferry ride over to Ko Pha-Nang. Too expensive, so we’ll just spend New Year’s at Pattong Beach. Pattong reminds me a little of Acapulco. Tropical place, somewhat run down, mostly by the Britt’s.
After New Year’s, we’re planning on going to Krabi, then Ko Phi-Phi for a couple of days. It’s supposed to be really beautiful over there. Apparently they filmed portions of “The beach” on Ko Phi Phi!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



25th December 2009

Merry Christmas
RuiBeaches look great and you room looks like its fit for a king. Hope your having a great time and that the diving was great experience and the weather co operated.  It must be christmas day now  so I know Saint  Nick has already been there whether you've been naughty or nice
25th December 2009

my dad's computer uses dial up so this is a bit challenging and the last email got sent befor I finished.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year   my friendCHow

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb