BBQ'ed Cockroach anyone?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 25th 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Patong



Our next stop was Patong Beach - this meant we had to pack up our lives into our backpack and navigated to another hotel. It was only a bus ride towards the beach, so wasn’t too bad. Our hotel was lovely and spacious but lo and behold that initial impression soon diminished as we discovered the room was insect ridden! Tiny bugs crawling all over the floor underneath the bed, and a cockroach managed to find its way into our room. It raided Chris’s bag (maybe looking for some food or just wanted to hide in his smelly socks) and the resided on the sofa for a short while. Chris decided that trespassing is an international law and that it should have asked before entering private property! He pumped deodorant fumes into the bugger which came no to avail. Next up was insect repellent containing high levels of DEET which also failed. The final throw of the dice resulted in Chris smashing his human tyre shoe and creating a cockroach pancake, we battered it one more time with the shoe to make sure it was disabled before creating our own barbequed insect! :S Watch the video-I did nothing to help but screech like a baby lol!

This first day on Patong Beach was hot and sunny, and so the next two days obviously brought us blizzards and prevented any decent beach activity. We spent the two days eating and walking the shopping centre that we stumbled across. Our last dinner was at the seafood stalls where we chose our crab and was cooked to order mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………………. 😊 We have created a reconstruction of the crab before its consumption for your viewing!

As if we hadn’t had enough of ladyboys, it was just too tempting not to visit the red light district. Similar to Samui, ping pong shows were on offer as well as a line of go go bars for those interested! With nightmares from Samui still imaginable, we opted out of entering any and stuck with viewing from the outside.

Tsz Wai and Chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb