25th & 26th May


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 26th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

25th May.
Warren pain free - yayyyyyy another appointment at 9.30am to have moulds made for some crowns. Tried to find a bike to hire, but were pissing around too much and was running out of time so grabbed a taxi to Patong for the next appointment.
We took a speed boat today and went to a couple of islands for snorkling. Murv and Gaylene had never done this before and took to it like a couple of mermaids. Actually Murv looked more like a skinned rabbit in an oversized life jacket.
Great day had by all - ended up in the pool at the hotel till they closed it.
Murv thought he would check out the kiddie pool and promptly fell in - funniest thing you have ever seen. And that was only after 1 beer. Can you image what can happen after 3. (Note to self - feed Murv some more beers and send him swimming - great source of entertainment)
He decided to check out the kids’ hydro slide and I had to quickly move one of the little darlings so he wouldn’t flatten them. (didn’t think the mother would approve - as it was she did come over a little perturbed and promptly told the kid to hop out. Well at least I think that is what she said.)

26th May
Dicked around until Warrens next appointment. We got suckered into a 90 minute holidays thing, where as you are supposed to join at the end at an unrealistic price for cheap holidays - nothing but a time share gimmic. Murv and Gaylene went for a foot massage and Murv had a Pedicure, Gaylene had a manicure. They both came back looking very pretty!!??? I think they got the better deal.
Back to the dentist to have the front teeth ground down ready for the crowns. Due to his teeth being wrecked by his own dentist, he couldn’t have veneers, he has to have crowns. So now he is sporting some temporary front teeth while the proper ones are being made. Looked like Mr Ed when we picked him up, but after a while and the anaesthetic wore off he looked a bit more normal (what ever that is)
Then we hit Patong for a bit of shopping, and it rained. Not a worry, helps cool things down as the temperature has been staying in the early to mid 30’s. But getting -harassed by bloody tuk tuk drivers - “its raining you need tuk tuk” - answer? “bugger off, a little rain don’t hurt no-one”. Where’s Murv’s tea shirt…….
Speaking of tea shirts, Warren got one too, that should sort em out. The boys are getting quite good at bartering.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb