Phuket, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 13th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our good friend Kelly Reese met us in Bangkok and from there we traveled to Phuket and had a glorious time. Crystal clear blue water, good friends, cheap beer and a killer rock and roll bar in the heart of the "lady boy" disctrict, made our stay in Phuket a highlight of our trip. We flew from Bangkok to Phuket and stayed in the Benelux Inn in Patong Beach. The beach was beautiful, but filled with sunbaking tourists, so we took local transport to the less crowded, surrounding beaches. The water was blue, beautiful and warm. We took a trip to Phi Phi Island on the Andaman Coast where KT's boy Leo filmed "The Beach". Absolutely stunning even with the 50 tourist boats. We ate great food and saw the seedy unbderbelly of Phuket where "ladyboys" and prostitutes made their livings. Google "Ladyboy Thailand" for an explanation 😉. We went to the Gibbon rehab center where they take care of these special monkeys and release them back into the wild. A loverly girl from California was volunteering there. Kelly and Karl fed an elephant and we hiked to a waterfall. We spent 5 days here and then headed over to Ko Phan Ngan for the full moon party and to indulge in the Island's secluded beaches and magnificent sunsets and moon rises.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Monkey IslandMonkey Island
Monkey Island

We're not sure where they got the name :)
Rock N Roll BarRock N Roll Bar
Rock N Roll Bar

The cool owner would play ANY song you wrote down
KT and MarilynKT and Marilyn
KT and Marilyn

No Theresa, I'm not worshiping the devil
WaitingWaiting
Waiting

A common sight in traveling. Waiting for a bus.


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb