Phuket cooking school


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today couldn't have been better.
i got picked up at the hotel at 8 oclock and taken to a local market with my instructors to look at fresh ingredients. I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. You could smell, coconut, curry and freshly steamed desserts in banana leaves... Then, three other students and i went to the school that is located on a secluded and private beach. we ate so much we probably gained 2 kg after the lesson.
we made soup, red curry with roasted duck,chicken salad roll, crab fried rice, fried chicken sauteed with cashew nuts and banana in coconut milk....I learnt a lot and can not wait to cook to friends and family when i come home .
It was worth the wait. next time I go to thailand i will definetly go back and go for the full week although I would probably gain too much weight!
Enjoy the pictures! This is our last night in thailand. We are going to a famous Thai restaurant named Baan Rim Pa located on a cliff in a traditional teak thai house as a good bye dinner...
We are sad that our vacation is ending yet i can notwaitto go back home to see my kittens and sleep in my own bed...

We hope everyone enjoyed this blog as we plan on making it a tradition while travelling ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th February 2008

Over already?!
Hi Vi, Looks like you were in your element getting to go to the cooking school. I'm sure you just loved that. What did Justin do with his day while you were gone? I can't believe you've been gone for almost 2 weeks already. Seems like it flew by! I'm sure being busy made it fast for you too. The kittens will be happy to have you home and I'm sure you'll sleep better at home. Good luck on the long flight home. =)
29th February 2008

Le problème de te lire et voir les photos: ça donne faim (à l'exception des insectes séchés !!!) Il n'y a pas que la Thailande en Asie, tu peux aussi apprendre à cuisiner au Viêt-Nam et en Chine par exemple. En tout cas, nous t'attendons impatiemment pour pouvoir goûter les plats que tu vas nous préparer! Bisous.
12th March 2008

Name of School
Hi, what was the name of the cooking school you went to and how much was the course? Thanks!

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb