made it safely


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 19th 2008
Published: February 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

well, after over 23 hours, not much sleep and many sore body parts, we arrived in Phuket in the middle of the night. Korean airlines was one of the best airlines we ever flew with. Stylish and friendly attendants, great Asian food with many snacks and over 30 movies and much more to choose from on your own screen... First class? Nope just regular economy for us regular mortals. The lay over in Korea was interesting. I was exhausted yet was woken up for a few minutes with the bright lights of boutiques such as Chanel, Hermes,Dior.. yep right at the airport.However Justin and sleep deprivation were my enemies and fought any shopping energy I had left.
Upon our arrival to Phuket, our driver met us and took us to the resort nested in the middle of a beautifuly manicured "jungle". The bungalow is just as if not more beautiful than the pictures. After a short night of sleep we took a walk to the beach to discover clear water, soft sand and many massage parlors that offered massages for 300 bath an hour ( roughly 9 dollars). after that flight from hell, it was one of the best massages I ever had. Today will be spent walking around town, the beach, hanging out at the pool and relaxing.We are still very jetlagged so taking it one day at the time. We saw our first baby elephant today walking around the resort but Justin didn't have the camera so we'll have to take pics next time we see him. Well, it's all for now, I'll write more tomorrow after our scuba diving trip to Kata reefs.


Advertisement



19th February 2008

Enfin !
Je suis soulagée de vous savoir arriver sains et saufs. Tu me connais, maman poule toujours inquiète... Reposez vous bien, vous l'avez mérité tous les deux. Hey Justin, take care of my baby please. I know you always do but, I'm still very upset when you're far away. Have fun, both of you, you deserve it. Love from Maman.
19th February 2008

waaa ca a l'air trop bien!! tu veux vraiment que je t'insulte a chaque article lol!! franchement profite bien !! ca a l'air genial! :)
20th February 2008

Hope you're having a great time!
Wow, 23 hours on a plane. At least it beats being in a car that long crossing the USA. =) I've done that and it's not so fun. Sounds like the flight at least had things to keep you busy. I'd be in heaven watching so many movies. Vu would be bored without his games. I want to see some pictures of you too, so tell Justin to start taking some!! =) Another day or two and you should be caught up on sleep and enjoying it much more. Have a great time, Vi and enjoy it all! =) Send us a post card.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb