Private speedboat around the islands, we don't mind do we!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
October 22nd 2013
Published: October 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys

Today was my birthday present, we hired a private speedboat with Lars and Marit and went around the Islands ending up at Phi Phi. We had a bit of a disaster yesterday we had organised a boat but it didn't turn up so me and brad walked to the toWn and booked another one for today and I think it was meant to be because the weather was better today than yesterday!!

We went to quite a fee islands all got better and better the 2nd was called monkey island and it definitely lives up to its name there were monkeys everywhere! Going into peoples kayaks they had no shame!! The funniest one we saw was drinking out of a bacardi breezier, alcoholic monkey on board haha!!! We didn't get to take pictures though as we swam from the boat to shore it was great though we got to snorkel and saw hundreds and hundreds of fish including a few Nora's from finding Nemo lol. After monkey bay we were taken to a lagoon we all felt like we were in a film it was literally paradise!! None of us wanted to leave we could have swam around for hours!! Although Lars did feel like a bigish fish had a little nibble at him lol.

We finally got dragged away and headed to maya bay which is where the beach was filmed, another stunning location and another chance to go snorkeling. The joys were in their element and me and Marit got to have a swim and little sunbathe in the boat. we also had the treat of seeing cliff diving! It was mental to see these guys jumping from such a height but performing these incredible dives too, I could have watched them for hours. We chose not to go to the beach though as it was quite smal and absolutely chocka block with tourists, one thing that definitely out us off! That's one of the things we did notice there were boats everywhere and tourists too, we were so pleased we just had out own bait the 4 of us, it meant we could go where we want for however long we wanted without having to wait for loads of other people.

Once we finished in maya bay we were all starving so went to Phi Phi for lunch. It felt quite strange, a beautiful little island with little stalls everywhere and people riding around on push bikes, we liked it though and will try and go back when we come back into Thailand. We had lunch on the water from overlooking all the boats it was crazy how busy it was. Us girls the. Got a chance to look at the stalls and I got to add to my bracelet collection (not sure if I told you but I, trying to get one wherever we go). once we had finished we headed back to the boat and had our final chance to snorkel, however, Marit and Lars saw a water snake!!!! That was enough to out us girls off so we chilled on the boat while the boys went out in search of this snake, boys will be boys!!!! They didn't fid it but I'm glad they went in as they said it was the best snorkeling of the day and got to see amazing fish and corals so the day ended on a real high.

Before we knew it we were headed back to the hotel but it was a special day none of us will forget, one we have all said is one of the best days out we have ever had. I was well and truly spoilt by brad. No can safely say my 25th birthday is a birthday that I will always remember and be quite a story teller!!

We are headed to Vietnam next, it's going to be so hard leaving paradise but that's what our trip is abut finding these new treasures and exploring more! We fly to Bangkok tonight and our flight to Vietnam is tomorrow morning so we will update you all soon.

Lots of love B&K xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb