Ao Nang & Railey, Krabi, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
January 22nd 2009
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Well after 4 flights and almost 30 hours of travel, we finally made it to our first destination - Ao Nang Beach Thailand. Our hotel is very nice and is right in the middle of things. Our first day we walked about the town to get a feel for the place. Much more low-key than Phuket but still plenty to do and see. The beach at Ao Nang itself is ok but you can take a short long-tail boat ride to the areas nicer beaches.

On day two we purchased a boat ride to Railey Beach West. Wow - Now this is a nice beach! Amazing cresent beach with towering limestone cliffs plunging into turquoise water. Very relexed, mellow vibe as well - just what we were looking for. From Railey Beach West, you can also walk to Railey Beach East and Phra Nang Beach with its interesting cave. Unlike Railey Beach West's relaxing vibe, Railey Beach East has a definite construction-zone vibe. The beach was more like a mud flat -not yet ready for prime-time if you ask me. We then made the short hike to Phra Nang beach which was just as nice as Railey Beach West, but absent the bars. So long story short, we took a few pictures and headed back to Railey Beach West's bars and had a few drinks. It was hot and we were thirsty. The whole area is a lot of fun to explore and to people watch.. We also made the trek to Tonsai beach which seem to be more of a backpacker hangout with some cheaper, simpler accomodations. If you want to rough it, this is the place. We didn't, so once again we headed back to Railey Beach West for a final drink before heading back to Ao Nang.

Tomorrow, we arranged a tour to four neighboring Islands for exploring and snorkling. Looking forward to the tour tomorrow..

Here are some pictures of our Day 1, 2 and 3...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Ao Nang Princeville ResortAo Nang Princeville Resort
Ao Nang Princeville Resort

Pool - Overlook from our balcony


22nd January 2009

NICE AND HOT!!!!!
How was your long flight? Have you have any fruits yet? Eat some for me and megan. The hotel looks very nice and comfortable. Don't forget to eat a lot of food Steven!! later have fun! noui

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb