Thailand...Westside!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
September 23rd 2007
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

ClimbingClimbingClimbing

I think I look rather professional here
After Langkawi we caught another ferry which took us into Thailand. Luckily the weather was ALOT better on this trip and it was alot shorter...
Once we arrived at Satun in Thailand we caught a bus which took us all the way to Krabi which is on the West coast of Thailand. We stayed at this really nice guest house for a couple of nights which was abit of luxury after coming from Malaysia and it was also dirt cheap :o) We done the usual...boozing/sunbathing in Krabi for a couple of days which was cool. The beach there was pretty laime anyway so we decided to move onto a place further down the coast called Hat Ton Sai, which is where all the climbers go because of the excellent cliff faces you get there.
We only stayed one night because besides climbing there wasn't much to do and again the beach was pretty shite! We booked ourselves onto a beginners climbing course which was good fun. I've had a go at climbing before so I thought I'd be ok with it, however I've come to realise I really dont have a head for hights! After about 15 metres up the first 'Easy' climb I bricked it and had to come down... Justin however made it to the top on his first attemp which was annoying! The climbing was like 900 baht for a half day! (not even 15 quid!) and that was with an instructor....
The next destination was Ko Phi Phi and we were told it was a short 10min walk to where the boat departs...It was lucky we left early because it took us around an hour to do with our backpacks! On this 'Path' they had ropes to help yourself up....you can imagine the size of our bags, wearing flipflops and also the heat...horrible! Anyway we finally made it to the other side only for some pikey longboat driver to try and rip us off! He wanted 1000 baht instead of the 300 baht we payed for the ferry...cheeky sod!
We arrived at Phi Phi and decided to stay around the bay on Long Beach which was definitly a good decision because the town was abit of a hole. I done some more diving there which was really good and we could also see where 'The Beach' was filmed. Because I was diving Justin decided to move onto Ko Sumui so I spent a few days on my own. Mr Fildes was somewhere around that area so I emailed where I was staying but we kept missing eachother! Me and this Irish girl caught a longboat to 'The Beach' and spent a few hours there which was cool. It doesn't really resemble the beach because they removed all the coconut trees which the yanks had planted for the movie but you could still recognise some of it.

Oh yeah and the beard is no more.....




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



24th September 2007

bucket and the irish chick in the same sentance? - I get ya!! ;)

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb