Ko Yao Noi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Yao
January 24th 2017
Published: January 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We are now on the island of Ko Yao Noi. After six weeks on Ko Lanta it was time for a change.

The journey here consisted of a four hour mini bus ride interrupted by a ride on the small car ferry to take us to the mainland then onto the pier at Krabi via Ao Nang.
Unfortunately as we arrived in the mainland it began to rain and soon became a torrential downpour, flooding the roads. We bagan to dread the boat ride over to the island but miraculously 15 mins before we arrived at the pier it stopped and the sun came out.

A huge troop of monkeys came from the mangroves and greeted us at the pier as our mini bus pulled up.
The boat was an old large wooden long tail boat mainly used by the local people. The scenery around was amazing and the half hour wait passed quickly as we moved around taking photos.

This island is a complete change, far less touristy but enough going on to make it a pleasant relaxing stay.
The area we stayed in consisted of a couple of high end resorts, some more basic bungalows, a few restaurants, one bar and a coffee shop. The latter serving wonderful home made fresh baguettes.
The best thing about the island is the spectacular scenery. Huge lime karsts just off the coastline. You can sit in the coffee shop ot on the beach and watch tall yachts meandering their way leisurly through the maze. Reminds me a lot of Halong Bay in Vietnam.

We are staying in a semi rustic bungalow set high up on a hill side overlooking the bay, a perfect place to while away a hot afternoon .

There are a couple of practically deserted crescent shape bays plus a rocky stretch of sand. This island is also famous for the Hornbill birds that swoop from tree top to tree top above the bay.

A boarded walk through the mangroves leads you to one of the bays. Its a refreshing change to the beach and offers great shade when the mid day sun gets too much.

We plan to spend two days here before moving back to Krabi for our flight to Bangkok


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Our bungalowOur bungalow
Our bungalow

The one in the middle


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb