Sharks In Residence


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 21st 2017
Published: August 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning I woke very early and the cove was mine. From the veranda I watched as, slowly, people came down to the beach for an early morning snorkel. There are never many people on the beach. The sea has white horses today but our little cove is quite calm. The boys went snorkeling early and came back thrilled to the core saying they had been surrounded by black tip sharks, the biggest one about 5 1/2 ft. They woke Mollie and went again and saw more sharks but not as many. I'm so pleased for them.
After breakfast we went into town for supplies. It was to hot to spend too much time looking around so we came back and went to the other side of the peninsular to snorkel. It was so lovely and I felt quite relaxed in the water. We didn't see any sharks or turtles but when the others went again later they did. They saw parent sharks with young ones. Meanwhile I swam in the infinity pool and relaxed. This place is just heaven.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



22nd August 2017

Sharks
I am so glad the Sharks weren't hungry. I am amazed that the shark with babies didn't try to protect her young. Are they not scarey?

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb