Paradise Island Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 15th 2013
Published: February 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi lovely readers - well this is paradise here. Our wooden house overlooks the beach and sea - just right for sundowner cocktails and Singhas. We have two verandas, one with a lovely bed and even an al fresco bathroom - so cool. We did however hear some strange pattering noises running over our rooftop at night - you can imagine how I felt about that!!! Finally tracked it down to a cheeky tree squirrel who I now have words with every night.

Apart from relaxing we did book a 'Shark Watch' to look at 'leef sharks' as the Thais call them or black finned reef sharks as we discovered courtesy of trip advisor!. Got up early and had a long tail boat all to ourselves, feeling all relaxed and looking forward to seeing and perhaps feeding sharks we sailed along. To our amazement we drew to a halt in the middle of a large bay and the boat driver signalled swimming. Oh no we said we're fine here, quite content in our cosy boat. However...the boatman said...they won't come nearer than 30 yards! So it was snorkelling or nothing!! So with heart thumping we descended into the water breathing far too quickly at first (remember that Olie!?!). Our friendly boatman helped me and we saw loads of shoals of pretty little fish when sudddenly there were swimming below us - about 3 foot long with black fins - and as promised completely harmless!Then I saw a giant turtle- amazing! It was all worth it!! We sailed gently back for a well earned breakie and yes you've guessed .... more relaxing!!!!

Everything about this resort is gorgeous. There is a restaurant almost in the sea where you can feed the fish and the palm lined white sand beach is wondeful. Glorious weather too- sorry when you are in thick of winter!1 What will we do when we get back- good job it's your birthday Dan!!!!!

Over to me now reader and its' a good job Sally didn't see the 3 foot gecko I saw when she was trying to fathom out what was running over the roof. Beautiful creature. Have just discovered the insects are biting and have no spray on so am chickening out now. Back soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb