Beach Time - Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 11th 2012
Published: August 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

From Hua Hin the night bus dropped us in Ranong, a weird fishing town at 5.30am. We caught another rickety boat in the pouring rain over to MyanMar for them to stamp our passports - this was definitely our least favourite boat trip so far!

Once back in Thailand with another 15day visa in hand we got a minivan to Champong and waited a few hours for our night boat to Koh Tao. The rusty old boat was huge and packed with people, concrete, leaf roofing, bikes, water and a dog named Bombzie! We slept in a little dorm on the boat until 6am the next morning and then made our way to Sairee beach. It took us a long while but we eventually ended up at Bans Diving Resort!

We signed up to a PADI course starting that evening and after a couple of hours theory that night and again in the morning it was time to gear up and get in the pool. We practised all the skills needed just incase like flooding your mask, losing your regulater, hovering and so on and afterwards we were confident about our first sea dive the next morning!

We got to the boat early doors and sped out on a particularly rocky sea to Mango Bay. Here we hopped off (3m jump) in our scuba gear to join the fishes. It was amazing!!! You cant really put into words an experience like diving but we had a fantastic time both days out in the sea. The only bad bit was having to take our masks of 12m down which is uncomfortable. We had a brilliant group with us and we enjoyed a good celebratory night out at the end of the course.

We stayed one more day in Koh Tao just being beach bums before hitting the party scene on Ko Phangan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb