Dayglo Food and Modded Motorbikes


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
June 3rd 2006
Published: June 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Brekky
Pad Thai. Dayglo orange. This reminded me of the sweet and sour we had in bolivia which looked like it had been cooked in a nuclear reactor.

Diving
I had the final two dives of my deep specialty. The first involved a free descent into the deep blue with nothing to see - not the bottom, not the pinacles and after the first few seconds not even the surface. We dropped all the way down to the cold milky thermocline. I was a bit pissed off that I didnt think to lower my wrist, and as such my computer recorded only 39.9m... if only I could have got to 40! The next dive was a bit shallower, so we did it on Nitrox, because we could.

Motorbike mods
It seems in S.E. Asia you can do anything to a motorbike, from the simple and common family of 5 on one bike, to some pretty impressive modifications. These modifications take a number of forms, from the basic to the complex, the sensible to the insane. An example - bolting part of a car to make a car sized side car. My favourite modifications tho are generally those involving retail, from denpasars 'King Cobra' and his rear mounted snake cage and potion showcase to the ubiquitous side car-cum-cafe which forces the chef-cum-waitress-cum-cashier-cum-clearner-cum-driver to perch awkwarldly inbetween the bike and the sidecar for hours on end.
Dive Log
78 - Chumporn, Koh Tao, Thailand, 08:42, 46 min, 39.9m, av19.5m, 21%!o(MISSING)2, 200->90
79 - Twins, Koh Tao, Thailand, 10:29, 48 min, 18.0m, av11.3m, 36%!o(MISSING)2, 200->120
80 - Twins, Koh Tao, Thailand, 18:48, 51 min, 12.5m, av5.8m, 21%!o(MISSING)2, 200->120


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb