FULL MOON.....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
May 13th 2009
Published: May 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having logged onto this page i've realised there is a whole blog missing. I wrote one a week ago including our adventures in Bangkok and Koh Samui and I'm sad that they are gone but will take a whole day and half to re-write and explain so apolagies but I will start off where I previously left off as per usual.

We arrived in Koh Phanghan after a nice relaxing stay at Lipa Lodge on Samui. We stayed a beach away from where the actual full moon party was taking place so we could escape the craziness if we needed to. We ended up spending our whole time in Haad Rin (the party beach) contantly meeting people and making friends. We met with my friend Lea from back home which was so nice as I hadn't seen anyone from home in such a long time and it was great to catch up and swap notes as she has just done south east asia and is going on to India. Speaking of familiar faces and the smallness of our world we bumped into another of our st.chris friends on the beach during full moon. It was Joe Jones, we couldn't mistake those ginger dreads for anyone else - it was great!

Its been a bit weird and surreal being in a place surrounded by tourists and people just out for a good time. I can't help but feeling guilty after coming from the magic of india into this purpose built tourist centre which has been robbed of all its culture and purity. It was fun while it lasted as we went to pool parties, beach parties even after-party garden parties. Its just been non stop and after a while you feel like you have to get off the island before you go completely insane. The full moon was good fun but definately the lead up to it was alot better as it was rid of neon wearing, bear drinking, just out of school british lads roaring and shouting in excitement. There is only so much neon one can take after a while. The beach was packed FULL of people with fire dancers, body painting, alcohol buckets being distributed, every kind of different music blaring from random speakers, people posing for pictures with lady boys for a few baht and rolling lights to illuminate all of these things.

We have now come one island on to Koh Tao which is MUCH more chilled. It still has the bars on the beaches and the odd bit of fire dancing but its generally got a nicer atmosphere. The beach is gorgeous - the depiction of paradise of course so we're spending a few days here before probably going up to the north in Chang Mai and Chang Rai. Alice is doing a diving course as a little birthday present to her self. I have done it quite a few times before so am contemplating just doing a one-off dive. Tonight is Alice's birthday so will no doubt be going out somewhere and causing mischeif.

Update soon! xxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb