Chilling in Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got the ferry to Koh Tao straight from Koh Phangan with Dan and Deb. Spent the whole 3 hour trip out on the front of the boat getting burnt to f*ck by the sun. Once in Koh Tao it took us quite a while to find a decent place to stay but we eventually settled on a 3 bedroom bungalow..it's definately the nicest place we've stayed so far, marble floors, decent bathroom, 2 fans (still no air con like, its about an extra 1000BHT just to get that on the island).

First impressions were that Koh Tao was definately not what we expected, from what we had been told we were expecting quiet beach resorts, but this was much busier, full of women with class bodies, and loads of buff men. It is the main diving island and so everywhere you go theres dive centres galore, all along one main road. It also seemed to be rarr central. That aside, we found an amazing place to eat and chill on the beach front, this would be basically our home for the next 4 days! Basically our time here involved getting up, going to this place for some food, chilling, maybe watch a dvd, read a book, eat, chill some more, eat, maybe another dvd...you get the picture. We did absolutely nothing but it was amazing. One of the main reasons we went to Koh Tao was to do some more snorkling as it was supposed to be even better than Koh Phangan, apparently you can see sharks and the fish are a lot bigger. We kept putting it off though as we were too relaxed and subsequently ended missing out...oh well, at least there's still Fiji to do it :-)

The nightlife in Koa Tao was pretty good, loads of beach bars to chill out on, with the most random music you've ever heard...one minute you could be listening to some jazz, and the next some drum n bass. There were also fire shows all along the beach, some of them were pretty poor at it but others were amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



18th June 2007

Question
Why am I topless in all the photos???
21st June 2007

Coz you're gorgeous tom and i love you...THAT'S WHY!! How you doing anyways? You go to Kanchanaburi? Sydney's been mint like, apart from the weather...been pissing down every day barr today!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb