Koh Samui - 12/05-15/05


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 12th 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

... Still suffering big time but we arrived in Koh Samui! Char was disappointed in herself after throwing up twice that this is the state she decided to meet Jacks cousin Gage and his girlfriend Lisa for the first time. Luckily they were floating about in the pool which looked refreshing, so we joined them there and got a welcome free drink which together definitely made us feel a bit better!



This place was by far the nicest place we had stayed to date, Char and Lisa were extremely impressed by the Spanish god owner and we had air con, what luxury! The afternoon was spent sunning ourselves in the pool. In the evening we went to the local market in the fishermans village which was beautiful and filled to the brim with people selling lots of lovely things. We attempted to haggle a few bits and bobs but definitely noticed the price difference compared to the other islands and didn't buy anything apart from a pair of flip flops for jack. His previous pair were destroyed at the full moon party and his trainers are already smelling ungodly so these were a necessity for everyone's sake! Not only did we have air con and the best place we stayed, the god put on a FREE Spanish BBQ with pork, steaks, chicken legs, ribs and a delicacy of chicken heart kebabs. Everyone tried one but jack managed 10.



The next day we hired mopeds (standard) and explored the big Buddha which was really cool. We then headed to Wat Plai Lael, which was like a little village full of beautiful brightly painted temples and ginormous gods all surrounded by a massive lake. In it were thousands of metre long catfish which we all fed with food you could buy for 10 baht (no wonder they were huge). We then went to Namuang waterfall which was 13m and came crashing down into the pools below, the force of the water was so strong and it was hard clambering onto the slippery rocks at the bottom but we soldiered on in order to get the best GoPro pictures we could! Everyone managed this without too much issue apart from Jack who stacked it about 10 times. Gage had researched us a burger place for dinner which had amazing ratings. We arrived and I don't think anyone expected it to look like a shack on the side of the road but when our food arrived it was delicious and everyone went home with full tummies again.



The following day we went to the Secret Buddha Garden which is right in the middle of the jungle at the top of one of the highest mountains on the island. It is filled with statues of Buddha and all things to do with Buddha. It was built by a 77 year old lad who finished it then died at 91 years old! There was also a river flowing through the middle with small man made waterfalls which was lovely to cool off in. After that we all rode back into town and found a beach along the north west coast and watched the sunset before heading back to God and our luxury bamboo aircon filled accommodation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb