Delectable Food and Chill Sunday Brunch Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 26th 2017
Published: May 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Beach Republic


I have always envisioned the most wonderful brunches right near the beach, with a delectable spread of different cuisines, and an overflowing choice of drinks, and of course, something cool like a live band or some sort of entertainment to tie the experience together.



Holding that image in mind, I dragged my husband to travel with me to the wonderful island of Koh Samui for a few days for a work-leisure getaway after our trip to Koh Yao Noi, and of course, Koh Samui is full of fabulous food. We decideed to experience the Sunday brunch Koh Samui at the Beach Republic. We were both excited. After hearing wonderful things about the Sunday sessions and seeing the enticing photos via social media, I knew that I had to see it, experience it, and of course, taste it, for myself.


Impressive Buffet Spread



At the Beach Republic Koh Samui Sunday brunch was at its peak. First off, the measure of any brunch is the quality of the food. Plus, there should be enough choices for a variety of palates, dietary choices, and even age groups. The Beach Republic Brunch fulfilled all of these requirements. Here, there is something for vegetarians, meat, and seafood lovers. And if you traveled with your little ones, they have kid-friendly options too.



With that said, it was difficult to choose which cuisine to try that day. So we decided to check out the hot and cold buffet selections and sample as much as we can. For those with discriminating tastes, they offer Thai and other Asian cuisines, European, Mediterranean, and American dishes.



Any beach brunch should have an extensive list of seafood-based dishes, in my opinion. In fact, it was the first thing that drew me to the buffet. The seafood selections were impressive, with fresh Fines de Claire oysters, Scottish salmon, and Maine lobster prepared to perfection.



They had a lot of sushi selections plus an international cheese board for those who like to start off or end their meal with this dairy product. For those who like their meats or seafood grilled to perfection, they have a BBQ station, and a roasted meat selection that includes Wagyu beef, lamb, and turkey. Finally, for those with a sweet tooth, the desserts perfectly capped the meal. I had crème brûlée and fresh fruit while the husband sampled the ice cream selections. We agreed that we were in dessert heaven.


Chillout Till Sundown



Toward the end of the ocean beach brunch session, it was not difficult to find that perfect spot to enjoy the afternoon sun. After all, the brunch venue is located near the beach and there are lounging chairs and open cabanas available. With my favorite cocktail in one hand, my hubby and I picked a spot where we could clearly hear the chillout tunes and still see the brunch crowd. Before we knew it was sundown and we were wondering where the hours went by.



From where we are seated, the DJ was clearly enjoying the energy of the Beach Club Samui crowd but at that hour, he was just spinning cool tunes for easy listening. With chillout tunes emanating over the brunch crowd, we felt ourselves relaxing and winding down after that sumptuous feast.


Top Marks All in All



Not all Sunday brunches are impressive but the Beach Republic Koh Samui Sunday brunch delivers on so many levels. As I previously mentioned in my review, the buffet spread hit all the right marks. It has everything for every type of palate. And of course, any ocean beach brunch without varied cocktails and dessert options is not a brunch in my book. With a selection of drinks, international dishes, appetizers, and desserts at this beach club Samui the atmosphere and conversations are heightened.



And the price point, who could not forget the affordability of the Beach Republic Koh Samui Sunday brunch. At around 1,600 baht per person, for a gustatorial experience that starts from mid-morning till late afternoon, and with chillout music to last till sundown, I’d say they offer more for every dollar spent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb