An exciting ride with Brazilians - in Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
October 12th 2012
Published: October 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 10

God bless the Anantara Lawana and their breakfast spreads. We go to bed at night talking about what comes first in the morning, breakfast or a shower? Breakfast wins every time. Its just so good.

Like Christmas morning, we shuffle down to our luxurious beachfront breakfast buffet with absolute excitement. We have now become a bit of a joke to the morning breakfast staff, because first thing we do is order at least 4 drinks.... A water, a juice, an iced cappuccino, and a tea (sometimes hot, sometimes cold). We love our beverages.

We sat and enjoyed our lovely meal while cracking up over our wild night last night. If only we had a picture of us on the back of this Brazilian guy's scooter. Too good. We talked about whether or not we would hear from the Brazilian, but we were not going to sit around waiting so we decided to get some much needed pool time.

The hotel spared no expense to keep us relaxed and comfortable. We swam in our gorgeous infinity pool, cooled down with eucalyptus scented cold hand towels, got complimentary massages and fresh blended smoothies. As we were enjoying
our hotel perks and sipping on a vodka mango crush, a very tall and familiar looking Brazilian peered his head over the ledge and advanced towards the pool.

Cezar and his unknown friend joined us at the pool, ready to start our adventure exploring the island. Lindsay thought cezar's unknown friend - Tullio - was cute. Cute as in still lives with his mother, has a baby face, and everything is so new to him. We abide by our own travel constitution and say YES! We jump on the back of their scooters and hit the road to explore the island.

Nothing is more exhilarating than weaving in and out of Thai traffic with the wind blowing in your hair and hanging on tight to a sexy young Brazilian body. This was the way to see Ko Samui.

We drove the entire island to get to the waterfalls, and as we rode through the final stretch of dirt road into the jungle we were greeted by the most beautiful creature in Thailand - an elephant. This massive creative was roaming free within a matter of feet from us. As we turned the next corner and approached the
waterfall entrance we hit the jackpot. There were elephants in every direction. Some wild beasts roaming free while others were encaged for onlookers entertainment. We bought a few bunches of bananas and hand fed the sweet angles. We could have opted to do an elephant trek but we stuck to the plan and went in search for a waterfall. It was grulling mission.. It was HOT, the trail was sweep, and the bugs were out. When we finally made it to the top of the jungle, the reward of the waterfall stray was completely worth it. But what was really worth it was what came next. We sat on a big rock taking in the view as Cezar explored the waterfall's nooks and crannies, while much to our surprise we got to see a bit of tullio's nooks and crannies. Without hesitation, our new Brazilian friend stripped down to a speedo. I guess we forgot that these guys are Brazilian and shoving the "franks and beans" into spandex is totally acceptable there. We giggled, we checked out the package on display, and then we were able to deal.

There may or may not have been a little bit of
waterfall kissing and making out in the jungle? Don't worry, nobody lost their speedo. After playing in the fresh water and exploring the waterfall and all it's glory, we jumped on the back of the scooters once again and headed towards town. Along the way we stopped off at a subpar seafood restaurant for a sunset dinner on the beach. I mean, we were really hamming it up with these guys.. Motorcycle rides, feeding elephants, waterfalls and sunset dinners.. What more can a girl ask for?!

After swapping stories of our homeland and eating a pretty gross meal, it was time to go. As the four of us pulled away and head down the rocky pavement, Lindsay and Baby Speedo Tulio noticed they had a flat. Shit! This isnt part of our romantic novel of a day. It was getting dark, we were about 30 mins from our hotel and no sign of life outside of the locals. We luckily pulled over next to an old family mini market run by a sweet Thai woman and her son. Both mother and son couldnt have been more helpful. The son escorted Tulio to the local town mechanic to repair the
bust tire. The three of us were now stranded road side with no idea when we would see Tulio again. What should we do? What else was there to do but make the best of the situation? Something i think we are both very good at. We bought a couple beers from the market, busted out Kempers iPod and sang and danced in front of the local Thai liquor store. It didn't take us long to make friends with the store owner. She cut up fresh fruit from her trees and fed us as we made her laugh. Interacting with locals - check!

Time flew and not before long Tullio was back with a fixed bike. We waved goodbye to our new friends and were back on the road heading home. All and all our romantic adventure was a success.

We ended our evening with a couple bottles of wine, a delicious meal overlooking the ocean, and a few laughs recapping the day. Ko Samui, we could really get used to you!



Day 11

What else would we do other then roll out of bed and stumble down to the Anantara buffet. We are
exhausted! We have worked extremely hard at having fun, relaxing with massages, laughing, eating, drinking, and exploring the island. So we did what was right. We set up a cabana bed by the ocean. We spent the majority of the day sun bathing, reading magazines and books on Thailand, swimming in the ocean, swimming in the pool, and sipping on a few beers and coladas throughout. After a few hours of this, it dawned upon us that we hadnt had a massage in over 24 hours. Whoa. This was criminal and in need of immediate fixing. So we walked across the street for an hour Thai massage and a much needed pedicure.

During our pedicure, we battled the tough decisions of the night. Do we walk into town for more massages and a drink? Do we hang by our beautiful resort and have a drink? Do we walk down the beach for a drink? Or do we meet up with the Brazilians for a wild night? Tough decisions here. But we stuck with the day's theme and decided to lay low at the hotel with a couple bottles of wine and another delightful meal. This is when we realized
we are getting old. But these old ladies needed to rest up for what was coming next.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement








Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb