The Start of the Adventure


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 31st 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So the adventure begins... Today is our 4th day in Thailand. We had a bit of a delayed start to the trip, resulting in a 5 hour stop over in Hong Kong, meaning that we then only managed to spend 3 hours in our hostel in Bangkok before having to leave at 4:30am to catch our next flight down to Koh Samui. Koh Samui is gorgeous! The weather, although it has been slightly overcast, has been very hot, meaning that both me and Laura managed to get a bit burnt on the first day. We seem to have managed to book into an amazing hotel which has its own beach and 2 pools (not exactly the travelling lifestyle!!) but it has enabled us to settle into the time zone and the heat in style! The first night here mainly involved desperatly trying to search out somewhere to eat, before finally settling on a restaurant on stilts over the main road in Cheweng. This may, however, have been a bad choice... as half way through her meal issy pulled out a rubber band from her curry! We visited a few of the stalls but opted for an early night and caught an open sided van back to the hotel. The second night turned into an impromptu night out in the Irish Bar in Cheweng before heading to the Absolute Vodka Club further down the strip. The centre of Cheweng seems to lack any thai characteristics and feels much like a clubbing strip in spain, apart from the occassional lady boy inviting you into their 'show' (rest assured we have not been tempted by this!) Today we were up early and went on a boat trip to go snorkling round Koh Woa. I was extremely nervous about this boat trip due to getting very sea sick, and my fears were realised when we opted for the front of the boat so that we could get a nice breeze and see the sights. This turned into an hour long white knuckle rollercoaster ride causing even Issy to feel nausiated. We were reassured that the sea would be calmer on the rest of the trip, but after a further 15 minute trip to the melong national park, we decided to take refuge at the back of the boat (which was much calmer!) The day ended with us spending a relaxing 2 hours on a beach, kayaking round the island and into caves and topping up our tans. On the way back however, chaos erupted when a dead turtle was found in the sea and hauled into our boat to be taken back to the mainland.

Tonight we have decided to take it easy and relax as we have the Full Moon Party tomorrow night... Will be a looonnngggggg night!

Will update next when we are in Koh Phi Phi or Bangkok

Hatty (on behalf of Issy and Laura :D)xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb