Day 1 of Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started out the day the way any beach vacation should start......laying on the beach. The hotel has lounge chairs set up with umbrellas over each one. I was up at about 6:30 so I went out and sat in the front row, dead center set of loungers. Kayde was up not too long after and met me out there.

One thing about Ko Samui, there is no shortage of stray animals. We had a little dog friend spend about 3 hours underneath our lounge chairs this morning. It must have like the music I had playing on my phone. Who knew that Thai dogs like old country?

We layed around until about noon and started to get hungry. There is a Thai man that sets up a little stand in the middle of the beach called Mr. Jacks. He serves pineapple, mango, and roasted corn. Kayde ordered a mango and I ordered a roasted corn. They were both awesome. He puts some sort of Thai spicy seasoning on the corn which gives it a little pop.

We then decided to head into Lamai to do some exploring. We stopped at a Irish pub for a quick bite and met 3 guys from England. It was a relief to meet people who spoke english, as most here seem to speak German, French, or Russian. We have yet to meet another American.

We talked about Las Vegas, the Olympics, taxes, and health care amongst other things. They were a blast to hang out with. They definitely like to drink, and seem to enjoy the time away from their wives.

We came back to the hotel around 4 in the afternoon and headed to the hotel restaurant. Every evening, they set up tables on the beach where you can lay out and order food. In particular, on Fridays they have a special meal where you can pick out seafood and have it cooked however you like. Kayde chose a blue crab entree grilled with garlic and pepper, but since I don't care for seafood I stuck with spaghetti. The night was awesome. We were watching a lightning storm come in off of the ocean while we were eating.

After dinner we headed back to the room. This was the first day we haven't taken a nap and we are both exhausted. I think the heat and humidity have something to do with it, but either way we were ready for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb