koh samui & full moon party


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
September 15th 2011
Saved: August 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Got to ko samui and spent a couple of days in a guest house by chaweng beach. After this we decided to head over to the quieter lamai beach to stay in a beach bungalow, we made two thai friends called lok and sallee who worked in a near-by bar where we got our asses whooped at pool (except for doubles where we had some epic games!) they looked about 18 but turned out to be 40! Thai lifestyle for ya.

we then moved to the best resort (which is actually the name of the place) in order to have a couple of days by the pool. dirt cheap! After a couple of relaxed days by the pool we bought our tickets for the boat to ko pan gnang for the Full Moon Party...

At Koh pan gnang we started early on the boat but seen a near by bar playing some decent house beats so decided to take a seat next to some randomers & ended up going the party with them.
When we first arrived we stepped onto the scene of a beach full of drunk people going sick to Katy Perry. As you can imagine, Sophie & I were not amused (we're indie you see) With that, a few of us out the gang headed towards the end of the beach to a bar rightfully nicknamed 'Mushroom Mountain'. All we can say is - Wow! Truely boss night... rivalled that night in Glasto - soz Wolfpack! Anyway the night soon turned to day and we witnessed an amazing sunrise accompanied by some astonishing clouds and waves, good scenery for those who appreciate a good view.

Next stop - Koh Tao.


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

15th September 2011
Photo 42

i never seen sophie so happy!
27th September 2011
Photo 4

Camp monkey

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb