Jaws


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
February 26th 2011
Published: February 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

DSC01717DSC01717DSC01717

A cocktail or two!
While Nicole stayed at our apartment in Koh Tao, Stacey, Anna and I went on the day trip snorkelling on Thursday. We first of all went to Shark Island and I hesitantly got in the sea. For those of you that know me you will know that I do not do sharks!! Luckily for me there were none to be seen! Next stop was mango bay and we swam with lots of varieties of fish. We were hoping to see turtles but unlucky for us (this time) there were non to be seen too. We then headed to Koh Naang Yuan, which is a private island that you have to pay to go on. It was paradise. We decided to first of all climb the stairs to go to the view point and after about 300 steps later and rock climbing (no joke) we finally made it to the top. It was well worth the sweat and pain.

After snorkelling we then met up with Nicole and headed out for dinner on the sea front and Nicole paid for a latern to be lit in the sky for her nan. We then made our way to a bar we liked
DSC01737DSC01737DSC01737

Anna, Stacey,Katie on snorkelling trip
called Fizz and a few vodkas and shots later we made our way back home. We also said goodbye to Anna as she is now heading to work in India.

We then had to get up a bit light headed on Friday and made our journey back to Koh Samui. Warning do not drink the night before a travel day. We had one rough boat journey that lasted for 2 hrs, then wait in the heat to change boats and get our bags and then have another 40 minute boat trip and then get a 40 minute taxi. Once we saw our pool we all forgot about it! We then had a little nap (2 hrs actually!) and then headed out to Ark Bar. We met some Aussies here and what was going to be a quiet night ended up with lots of buckets of strawberry Daquiries in Ark Bar and then headed off for a boogie in Green Mango.

Were now recovering by the pool and chilling out ready for another funpacked night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

DSC01763DSC01763
DSC01763

Nicole's lantern
DSC01756DSC01756
DSC01756

The view was worth the 300 steps and rock climbing
DSC01782DSC01782
DSC01782

We couldnt resist this to show our true roots!


27th February 2011

Jealous ;-)
Thanks for keeping us all in the loop of your travels, it all sounds absolutely wonderful andits only early days. Think I may have to rebook our trip to Thailand that we had to postpone last year Stay safe ladies, enjoy take care Vanessa ;-) xxx

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb