Beach Bungalows


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 5th 2006
Published: March 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The common type of accommodation down here on the gulf islands of Thailand is to stay in Beach Bungalows. These are not too bad in terms of the quality of the accommodation but the problem i have with them is that they are not the best for meeting other people, there do not seem to be any other backpackers on this beach in Ko Samui and i am therefore having to spend time alone.

I mean it could be worse, i have met a few people but they have tended to be people i don't really want to spend time with. I met one guy, also here alone who seemed to want to chat and he told me he was recouping after two heart attacks (and he was only 40), i obviously felt sorry for him on this but then he said words that i found pretty offensive (it may be that i am too sensitive but thats not the point) so i just felt i did not want to spend time with him anyway.

Also at this resort are two women, who walk around topless all the time and not just when they are on the beach, they are foreign (unsure of their nationality) but it just seems strange to me thats all.

The beach is nice enough and there is good weather here, the resort also has a pool which is good for me as i love swimming, i will probably swim and take a stroll along the beach later and see what i can find.

Anyway, this time alone is not too bad, particularly since i have just been emailed by Elaine who is also spending time alone at the current time, also staying in a Beach Bungalow, however she is on the Andaman coast. Theres a possibility that we will spend some days together on Phuket between the 10th and the 14th of March, which is when she is going to be there. I will probably stay on Ko Samui for another night then go to Ko Pha Ngan for a night or two and then head across to the Andaman coast.

After Elaine has gone home i am planning to head for Chiang mai in order to particupate in the activities up there that were previously aborted for reasons that i still feel compelled not to describe in this journal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb