Day 4 in Thailand - Still In Love With Chaweng


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 12th 2004
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Didn't sleep too well. Must be the pain from that dreadful tummy ache. Woke up in the middle of the night and found it hard to get back to sleep. We checked out early and took a songtheaw back to Chaweng.

< A motorcycle taxi driver offered to take us both back to Chaweng for THB100. We politely turned him down, cos we know it is too dangerous, especially with our backpacks and all. It is common here though, for more than two persons to ride a motorbike. As many as the rider can handle I guess. >

And thank God! We managed to get a hut at Charlie's finally (yes, we are a stubborn pair I know)! I couldn't wait to put up my new hammock, and with Vivi's help, I did manage in the end. We had our breakfast at Charlie's and decided that we should do absolutely nothing today. All we want is to just relax and chill out. After some late afternoon sunbathing (which was quite silly actually, the sun was over the other side of the island by then :P ), we went for a Thai body massage at Classic Two (one of the many, many massage shops in Chaweng).

< Ahhh... The Thai body massage was absolutely fantastic! It was so relaxing... Mmmm... Definitely one of my most therapeutic experiences here. All that aching joints just seemed to fall back into place after the massage, and the leg massage was especially wonderful. And to top it off, a nice warm cup of refreshing herbal tea afterwards. Ohhh... This is the life man. >

After our dinner at one of the barbecued-seafood restaurant, we decided to check out the Samui's clubbing scene. We hit the most happening discos and pubs strip of Chaweng, where the well-known Green Mango is situated. We found ourselves at Sweet Soul Cafe where we had a rather good time. Vivi was really popular with the bartenders. They loved her so much, that they piled her with drinks and offered some orchids. Wow. It's really great to have a pretty and popular sister. Am I proud to have her as my sis!

*Sweet Soul Cafe - It's not as big as the Green Mango, but I prefer a more cosy joint, so it suits me fine. Though it can be a little crowded, the overall crowd there is fun. The downside? The mix of prostitutes and lechering men can be quite overwhelming (but so is everywhere else). And it doesn't help when they drink themselves silly, and started wobbling and staggering, pushing people in their path (and stomping others' feets in their way). It would have been much better minus all these. Music arrangement sucks a tad bit (no offense, Mr DJ). Still, we enjoyed ourselves.

We had some cold drinks at the Ninja Crepe Cafe, before heading back to our hut really tired and happy.

*The Ninja Crepe Cafe is located just across the street from Charlie's Hut. It sells an interesting mixed of food and is quite reasonably-priced. Quite popular among the tourists and travellers and can be rather crowded in this small place.



Expenditure:
- songtheaw ride from Lamai to Chaweng THB50
- Charlie's Hut, rent for a hut with fan and shower (rent THB300, deposit THB500)
- breakfast at Charlie's, Chicken Pad Thai THB50 and hot tea THB20
- one hour Thai body massage THB150
- laundry soap, Dettol body wash, 6 bottles of distilled water (all for THB76)
- BBQ-seafood diner, BBQ-fish, cuttlefish and mango salad, rice, hot tea and water THB265
- Sweet Soul Cafe, 3 to 4 drinks for THB550 (it seems the drinks here are overpriced?)
- Ninja Crepe Cafe, cold drink THB25
- 2 sarongs THB200



Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb