Busy Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've now moved on from Koh Phagnan, after lazing about on the beach for about 9 days and attending the full moon party. The full moon definitely was an experience in itself. There were about 10 000 people dancing from dusk until dawn, basically it was a big rave with some very interesting/ crazy things going on. We also went to a Thai kick boxing match. Mostly tourists were there, but it was still fun and great to see an actual Muay Thai fight.

We've now arrived in Ko Samui for a few days, which is definitely a very touristy town. There are beautiful beaches here, but there are way too many people and the sex industry is pretty well oozing everywhere. Last night we went to a ladyboy show, which pretty much was just a cross dressing show, but some of them actually could fool most people! We then headed over to a 'Reggae' bar, which was about 1/2 prostitues! It was actually kind of disturbing to see older western men, and even younger going there just to pick up these women.

In a couple of days we're headed off to some secluded islands, which will be a
Some of the GroupSome of the GroupSome of the Group

At the Ladyboy show
nice change!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

LadyboyLadyboy
Ladyboy

I think this was Cher (big surprise)
Crowded TaxiCrowded Taxi
Crowded Taxi

This was in the back of a small pickup truck. We managed to fit the entire group of 25 in!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb