Rain, rain go away!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 8th 2008
Published: March 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are back in Thailand on the beach portion of our holiday. We arrived here yesterday by the smallest plane so far. This one only had room for 50 passengers and we did not go down the tunnel to get on - there were only 5 steps into the plane and they just flicked out of the plane! It was not too bumpy a flight and it only took just over an hour to get here.

As you have no doubt guessed by the title it is raining here!! To be fair it is more a case of torrential down pour every now and again then. As it is so warm it does not really matter. We have swam in the pool and the sea and done some very long (and hot) walks mainly on the beach. Obviously we reached a bit where we could not get by and ended up having to walk along the road for ages.

It seems expensive here but I think that is because other places we have been are less popular with package tourists. They wanted 500 baht for a taxi to the hotel. Needless we took one look at that and said no way! We went in a minibus instead which was still expensive but less than half the price.

We are off to a different Island tomorrow (Koh Tao) which I think will be a bit less mass touristy. We shall see...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



9th March 2008

Weather in the universe centre
Hi Tim and Laura Well once again my weekend at Centre Parc seems a bit boring when I read where you are. However weather in Cromer is good so I must keep cheerful!! Enjoy yourselves and take care!! Roy and Debs

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 74; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb