Full Moon Party and Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Leh » Maya Bay
September 8th 2012
Published: September 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hiiiiiii!

Last Saturday we got ready for the Full Moon party and boarded a speed boat - with our brightly coloured full moon party tops - to take us across to Koh Phangan - although this certainly felt like an undercover mission and it was not so reassuring that most of the boat crew seemed to be drinking bottles of Chang beer! When we arrived, we had some body paint done and wonderered around the busy streets (certainly backpackers central!) in search of alcohol buckets - the red bull was lethal!!. The actual beach was full of people firedancing and chilling to music and there was even a designated sleeping zone! After a night of partying on the beach and meeting a few other backpackers we got the speedboat back to Koi Samui where Issy had randomly claimed some Havana flip flops! I also surprised myself with how much German I could recall when chatting away to my new german friend from Stuttgart on the boat!

On the Monday, we transferred to Koh Phi Phi, where The Beach was filmed. In the evening we chilled in an Irish bar before then walking down to the main beach front where the Monday Mayhem beach party was held - it was literally crazy with fire limbo and dancing on the beach with the locals! The alcohol buckets probably had more vodka in them than mixer so we have a few funny pics to upload on here too!

The following day was spent on Koh Phi Phi beach which was total paradise and the sea was like a luke warm bath! We also paid for a speedboat to take us round to Monkey Beach, however when we got there noone else was there and the whole beach was surrounded by monkeys - so i refused to get off the boat!!! In the early evening we climbed up a mountain (literally thought i was going to die!) to the viewpoint where we watched the sun set across the island - it was beautiful!

On Tuesday we then transferred to Bangkok which involved taking a ferry back across to the mainland (much to Hattys delight with her sea sickess!( and then boarded a coach which was a 12 hour ride to the city - ouch! This was made worse by the fact that this coach seemed to be leaking all over the place when it rained and a German guy was constantly throwing up in the toilet from the start - which meant the rest of us were unable to use it!!!

Tonight is our last night in Bangkok for now - so we have decided to celebrate by going off to China Town and then onto the red light district to see the Ladyboys!

We will update the next blog in Chaing Mai where we will fill you all in about Bangkok!

By Laura (on behalf of Hatty and Issy!(

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb