Last Leg of Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 28th 2012
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello guys, sorry I thought that we would be able to have more access to the internet over the last week but due to our trips in Aus we haven't been on mainland for long enough to blog so this is our last blog about Thailand & then we will get you up to speed on how Australia is.
As both Pat & myself agreed that Koh Phi Phi was our favourite island we decided to finish our trip of there, we were now travelling with a lad from essex called Ross and headed off early (8am) to make the journey from Samui to Phi Phi. After half a day's travel we arrived at our destination only to find out that the couple from Biringham that we were raving with in Koh Phangan were also in Phi Phi so we met up with them on the first night and headed to the beach for the party (we don't want to bore you by describing our nights out, you guys know what we are like, we will just inform you of the important sh*t), we got very drunk.
The next day we were walking down the beach when someone shouted out Oi Yousif's brother, we turn around and it's emma holloway and two other girls that had gone to Chalfont school with us, the world just keeps getting smaller, anyway that night we went to the irish bar and I (Dani) managed to beat everyone from 8pm-1pm at pool including irish, english, german & thai, nice lucky streak, after the pool was done we went over to a bar called Stone's to see what was going on there.......only a drum & bass rave with Mc's from Hertfordshire (Shock Charlie!).
There isn't too much to tell you about Phi Phi as we have already visited there & blogged about it previously, all we can say is it is a special place no mopeds or cars everyone is on foot, friendly and looking for a good time.
After 3 day's in Phi Phi we had to travel back up to Bangkok (which is a 2 hour boat journey and then a 12 hour bus journey) as we were flying out of there to Brisbane, via China. The bus was horrendous journey, for the pure fact it was full so you can really get comfortable, also we were trying these herbal sleeping tablets but they didn't touch the sides, so we ended up getting pissed in order to pass out, only to be woken up 3 hours later by these small thai man shouting "Baaaangkok! Baaaangkok!", tosser. That day we found a hostel to crash at for 6 hours just before our flight, a small dingey hostel off the main bar strip in Bangkok.
Before heading off to the airport we wanted to pick up some valium due to how long our flights were, it's as simple as walking into a Pharmacy in Thailand and getting it, 10 tablets for about 2 pound, we're laughing.
Just before our first flight we took one, making us slightly droozy but we were a bit giggly too, I managed to leave my apple charger in a plug socket in the Chinese Airport (clearly it had some effect). Just as we got onto our longhaul flight to Brisbane we took a couple more each, which resulted in us actually taking four each....passing out not remember the flight at all and only waking up to eat.
We survived Thailand and had successfully made it to Australia........

Advertisement



30th October 2012

Valium
Hey just happened accross your blog. Flew back home myself on zanex highly recommended. They offered valium I declined thinking it to be to strong! thus the alternative of Zanex of the 18 hours of travel I saw about 3. My worry was bringing the pills around the airports with me so I took two out and ditched the rest...o regret. (flew through Abu Dhabi)

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb