Probably my favourite island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
March 17th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after another incredibly disorganised Thai trip, involving about 3 buses and 2 boats, we eventually made it to the Phi Phi islands. When uyou are on the boat approaching it, it looks unbelievable, clear blue water, whit esands, csurrounding cliffs, its amazing.



The place that Stacey and Darryl recommneded we stay in was fully booked so we couldnt stay there, but we spoke to a guy in a travel agent place who sorted us out with Sunset View Bungalows where strangely enough Duncan and Amir are staying (the guys we met in Phanang). The bungalows are so cool, they are made entirely out of bamboo and about 20 seconds walk from the sea. The bathroom has massive rocks in the middle of it which are really cool.



We went out to dinner at the Reggae bar which was another recommendation as they had the burger challenge. This was 3 beef burgers a tonne of wedges and massive onion wings plus a huge bowl of coleslaw. If you ate it all in 30 minutes you got it for free (its was about 500 baht so about 10 pound). Jimbo obviously had to try and so this and it was disgusting to watch let alone do. He was unsuccessful and felt awful after. In fact he was sick. Another guy did it after Jimbo and was throwing up during the 30 minutes, he did complete it but im sure thats cheating a little bit. In that bar there was a Thai boxing ring in the middle where customers acan get up to fight which was really weird. But kind of amusing to watch.



After our meal, and when Jimbo felt he could move again, we went to watch the rugby in an Irish bar which was rammed as it just so happened to be St Patricks day aswell.



The following day we went on another snorkelling tour and met a guy called Aiden (I think - he didnt make it clear if it was Aiden, Jaiden, Aaron but I called him Aiden all day so Im hoping that was his name). This was amazing. W ewent round all the little islands snorkelling or sunbatheing. Apart from us three the rest of the tour people seemed pretty boring and they were all European. It was like paradise though so they didnt bring us down very much at all. We went to Maya Bay (where The Beach was filmed) to little lagoons, monkey beach, and numerous other beaches and spots for snorkelling. One of teh French guys on the trip askedour guide for some water who gave it to him , then the French man launched it back at him complainging that it was warm ... Im unsure what he expected considering this was quite late in the day. The boat was quite difficult to get into as the ladder was quite high but Jimbo Aiden and I were just jumping off the boat and swimming about. At the end of the tour when we were sat at the front of teh long tail (amazing!) we were asked if we wanted to sit and watch the sunset in the middle of the ocean or if we wanted to go back. NOONE RESPONDED apart from us, and I mean no-one. It was so awkward. So we made everyones mind up for them and deicded we wanted to watch the sunset. The rest did not look to pleased but we were having a lovely time, we played a bit of Jack Johnson. It was quite quaint.



The evening I skyped the mother as it was mothers day (and I am such a good child) and then went out for some dinner when we met Duncan and Amir for some drinks. after. Ended up in the Irish bar again with buckets in hand and spent alot of the night watching the barman make things out of paper including a dinosaur, frog, flowers and other stuff with Duncan while the other two were glued to the football. It was unreal to watch!Who knew you could make so much stuff with paper.



After that bar we went down to the beach front where alll the bigger clubs were and had a bit of a dance and few more drinks. Amir and Duncan vanished (I think they probably had there 10th pizza slice of the night and dragged themselves home). Jimbo and I bumped into Aiden and some of his friends so we stayed with him for alittle while then got bored so went home after using the vilest toilet known to man with god knows what floating round in it (whoever went in beofre me needs to visit a doctor) and I manned up for a bit and was drinking Chang... its still disgusting.



The last day of Phi Phi was pretty chilled out, we had a lookaround the stalls and booked the super bus and boat back to Bangkok which was going to take 1 day to start a trip up to Chang Mai. For dinner we had mexican at Banana Bar that was amazing. Even better than Chiquitos. First meal I have finished in a long time. The only thing that spoiled it a little is that I had some kitten clawing at my leg as I wouldnt give it food but managed to palm it off onto someone else after flicking a bit of onion under someone elses table.



Unfortunately we werent able to go to Phuket or Ko Lanta, as we spent too much time in Samui and Ko Tao, but other than that, thats the islands done! Begin the ventures up North...

Advertisement



20th April 2012

http://www.phuketferryboats.com/
Hey! It is really a pleasure to read your post. I just enjoyed reading.I am looking forward for your next post.Thanks for sharing.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb