Rags and Riches


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
April 30th 2006
Published: May 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 168-172



We had breakfast then caught the boat across to Koh Phi Phi. We said goodbye to the girls for a few days as they caught a boat to their flash hotel at the top of the island. We got a taxi boat to a ramshakle little beach and checked into our little beach hut. The beach was really small but so gorgeous and the sea was emerald green and crystal clear. We jumped into the sea for a swim, had lunch then chilled on the beach and in our hammock. Our hut was right on the beach so the views were fantastic. Carly was cursing the place however when it came to showertime as the water was muddy!!! It comes from a well and is gross. It was a hard decision whether to stay sweaty or have a shower in dirty water! In the evening we went to the only restaurant on the beach and had a nice meal.

After a sweaty night's sleep (our room doesn't even have a fan!!) we hired some snorkels and went out to sea. Had some lunch then went snorkeling again in the afternoon. In the evening had dinner and decided
Rantee BeachRantee BeachRantee Beach

View of the ramshakle beach from our shack.
to see the girls the next day in their lap of luxury!!

We got a boat up to the girls and sat on comfy sunbeds by the beach. Their hotel was so nice, total luxury! We made use of happy hour and had a few cocktails while listening to the hotel's amazing band, Flexible. Alriiiiight!! Then Stuart and Rachel went out on a little kayaking adventure to the very north of the island. We had a shower in their room - clean water!! then went up to watch the sunset in the sunset bar. We went down to the beach and waited for our taxi boat to pick us up. We waited, and waited but it never came. Luckily, the girls had a big double bed and a spare bed in their room so we stayed the night there. We went for something to eat, really annoyed that our boat hadn't turned up as for all they knew we could have been stranded.

The next morning we woke up to a heavy storm and the very strange sound of a million frogs 'mooing'. It was very bizarre. Got a boat back to our little shack and packed our bags. We got a boat down to Long Beach and checked into a lovely bungalow on the beach. We had a swim, then some lunch and spent the afternoon sunbathing. In the early evening we caught a boat over to the main town - Ton Sai and had a few drinks and some dinner. We came home relatively early as a big storm had started and we didn't want to be stranded... again!

We didn't feel like sunbathing today so we had a little game of monopoly on our little patio then went for a swim. It started to rain so we chilled in our room then went down to the bar/restaurant and played games. We had a gorgeous meal and a few drinks before retiring to our room.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb