Day 26, 27 & 28


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 18th 2010
Published: October 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Phi Phi left us feeling a little fragile from the night before but we enjoyed the most sunshine we'd ever had on the island and met up with Alex from uni. Hoping to have a nice evening Camilla had a tiny crisis with 500 pounds having been donated to Ryan Air from her bank account! Upon this discovery and folloing several costly phone calls to the bank we withdrew our remaining funds and prayed that the 3 pounds we had left would last us until Australia!!

The ferry from Phi Phi to Phuket was rocky to sya the least with Elin having to lie down on the deck and Camilla grabbing Becky's arm every time the boat was thrashed from side to side by the waves (appox. every 2 minutes!!!) Safely on dry land we were literally whizzed to Phuket airport where spent a delightful 5 hours in the airport sampling various overpiced delicacies! The flight was luckily short and sweet and we were hoping to be met by our old friend Mr Sammy.......unfortunately the location of our hostel was unknown to all but after several phonecalls and road stops we made it to the YHA Bangkok Airport which had stunning views over the river to the busy runway of Bangkok International Airport.

Having finished the first leg of our trip we are now looking forward to Australia and will hopefully be on the plane in 6 hours and arriving in Sydney tomorrow morning to glorious sunshine.....!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb