Day 25


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 18th 2010
Published: October 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Amazingly the ferry to Phi Phi was running and feeling that we had already experienced the heaviest rain we had ever seen oh how we were to be proved wrong. Exiting the ferry in Phi Phi was the equivalent of jumping into the ocean, especially for Becky wo had since misplaced both her poncho and rucksack cover, and so binliners were adapted haphazardly to little effect!! The rain did stop and the sun immediately started shining, however the streets of Phi Phi were like mini rivers as we were lead to Bamboo Mountain View....after trundling through sewage, up steep slopes and through 'danger landslide signs' we arrived at the stunning hotel. We stayed at Bamboo Mountain for approx. 15 minutes before deciding that even this was almightily below our already low backpacking standards. The Bamboo hut located on a 180 degrees sheer drop held together by staples with massive gaps and a sloping bathroom with a toilet that fell backwards was completed by a swimming pool above a sewage plant and the rest of the bungalows being shoddily rebuilt (cement and balast bags were everywhere!!). Horrified by the daytime state we feared that the evening could only bring worse creatures into the shack so we decided to make the precarious walk back down into Tonsai village in search of some better accommodation! Harmony House was our new home and we quickly settled into the centre of Phi Phi next door to the Irish bar and 150m from the amazing beach! We had an amazing evening beginning with some monkey loving in the form of tiny chimp called Hero (lots of hugs were had by all) then we ventured to the Reggae bar where an almighty showdown took place. Doubling as a Thai boxing ring, open to all, Camilla and Elin decided to enter the ring as the only female boxers of the evening. The contest was fierce and the three 30second intervals felt like 3 hours each but amazingly a draw was declared and they smellily made their way back with free buckets of Sangsom to the shower before heading to the beach were the party continued...until 6am!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb