Phuket and Ko Phi Phi - Cousin Boris joins me


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So my cousin Boris from Dallas came over to visit for a week. I met up with him in Phuket, we spent a couple of days there enjoying the beach during the day and drinking hard at night. Then one day we took a day trip to the Phi Phi Islands. Now some time ago I was saying that I wasn't gonna go, but everyone who's been there says that we must go, so we went. Wow, that was such a nice day trip. We took a speed boat, stopped on some tiny island along the way to swim and snorkel, then came to a bigger of the two islands, Ko Phi Phi Don. Ko Phi Phis are a national park, but that didn't protect the bigger island Ko Phi Phi Don from development. The island is beautiful, but overcrowded with people and boats. The beach is nasty. So we saw some monkeys up there, had lunch and then went to the smaller one - Ko Phi Phi Lei. This island is uninhabited and protected. Holy cow. This island is so amazing. This is where they filmed the movie "The Beach" With DiCaprio in one of the lagoons there. We first stopped and snorkeled off the island, then when to Pilaf lagoon and finally to Maya Bay, where the movie was filmed. Now I expected a hoard of tourists there, but it was not too bad and at one point most of the boats left the island and our boat was the only one there - wow, that was a great photo opportunity. Anyways, Boris and I enjoyed the day trip a whole lot, but honestly, I wouldn't stay there for more than a day. Enjoy the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th May 2010

Where r the babes
Pics look great, beautiful, but by this time I expected to see you with a least one hot babe on each arm. LOL apes r cool but????? But, No love you long time.
10th May 2010

I was trying to keep the blog PG-13. I will try to take some pictures for you :)
12th May 2010

Hello, your in Thailand
Your in Thailand they dont know what PG 13 is. :) Ok, i guess I understand. Just tell about it when U get back
13th May 2010

Actually, Thailand is a country of contrasts. Prostitution is legal and is a huge business, yet pornography is not and the country is actively blocking porn sites! So, hopefully the government doesn't consider my pictures pornography :)

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb