A beach break at Phi Phi island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
February 1st 2010
Published: April 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi

Beach beside the village. The steep mountain in the back is great for rock climbing by the way(did it before)
Being my 41’th trip to Thailand, my option of where to travel here is getting pretty slim. Although most of my trips to Thailand are because of my work, importing silver jewelry, but I always seem to find some time to do some travelling in between as well, and loving it!!

This time I visited the beautiful island of Phi Phi (Koh Phi Phi Don)..again..

Flying to Phuket from Bangkok saved me a whole day & night travelling with the bus. You can find some really great deals flying with air Asia, one-two-go, Bangkok airways or Thai air. Down to 2000Bath actually, nice.

Spent a couple of nights in Patong which is really just a crappy and noise place before heading for Andaman Sea and the island of Koh Phi Phi.

Approaching Koh Phi Phi Lay (neighbor island of Koh Phi Phi Don) for a short stop-over, and seeing the beautiful Maya Bay with its fine, white sandy beach and breathtaking rock formation rising from the turquoise water, you really know you’ve arrived in paradise.
The famous movie “The Beach” staring Leonardo Di Caprio was shot in this bay, and that’s probably why it’s far too many
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi

Village harbour
tourists in this small bay, making it just a drag enjoying this beautiful bay.

After a short stop at Koh Phi Phi Lay, the journey continues to my final destination, Koh Phi Phi Don.
Approaching the palm fringed village surrounded by its beautiful clear waters, it’s a must to say I’m really looking forward to a beach break at this tropical paradise.

During the high season it’s far too many tourists on Phi Phi, making it quite expensive and at times hard to even find a place to stay for the night.
The great thing about Phi Phi is the beautiful beaches with its clear water making it great for snorkeling and diving, as well as getting a break from the constant and annoying traffic noise you hear everywhere else in Thailand. There are no cars on the island, only some very few motorbikes and a bunch of longtail boats being used as a taxi getting to and from all the beaches around the small island.

Travelling alone on this trip I stayed in the village were most of the people stays, although I really recommend staying at one of the beaches when traveliing together with someone.
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi

Long beach. Great for snorkling and shark spotting
Longbeach is my favorite spot (have stayed here plenty of times before and loved it), mainly because of the reef and my passion for sharks and other marine life at this a great snorkeling spot. In addition the beach is really white, fine powder and clean as well, supernice!!!

This time I spent about 2,5 weeks on this beautiful island relaxing, walking trips and snorkeling. Nighttime watching firestick show and drunken Muay Thai (Thai boxing) between drunken tourists, quite fun actually. The fighters gets a free ‘bucket’ (small bucket filled up with ice, chosen liquor, chosen softdrink, redbull and a bunch of straws) for each fight!! ha ha

After a extreemely relaxing beach break it was time to head back to Bangkok for a bit of work before returning to Norway a week later.

Again I had a great and relaxing time in the land of smile, Thailand.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Black tip reef shark, seasnake and Yellowfin Barracuda..Some of the creatures ouside Long beach
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

The funny 'Longtail boats' is the form of taxi I used back to the village from Longbeach..100B each way,and yes you can walk..
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Tsunami evacuation route sign
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Drunken Muay Thai (Thai boxing) between drunken tourists, quite fun actually. The fighters gets a free ‘bucket’ (small bucket filled up with ice, chosen liquor, chosen softdrink, redbull and a bunch of straws) for each fight..ha ha
Koh Phhi PhiKoh Phhi Phi
Koh Phhi Phi

Muay Thai (Thai boxing)
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Firestick show at Carlitos bar..boring show compared to the firestick show they used to have..
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

24 hour open beach bar..nice!!
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Long beach
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Long beach
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Long beach
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Snorkelling outside Long beach (shark point)
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Snorkelling outside Long beach (shark point)
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Snorkelling outside Long beach (shark point)
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Longtail boat (taxi)
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi

Laem Hin beach
Koh Phi Phi LayKoh Phi Phi Lay
Koh Phi Phi Lay

The island of Koh Phi Phi Lay (the famous movie “The Beach” staring Leonardo Di Caprio was shot at Maya bay on this island)
MapMap
Map

Map of Thailand & Koh Phi Phi


12th April 2010

NOT AGAIN!!
Greetings from boring Finland, nice to see that someone has travelled on the paradise again.. :)

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb