Thailand - South West


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
January 19th 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

My Ring!My Ring!My Ring!

Sorry its the only picture. I just added it because some people were asking to see it. I love!
I can't believe that it is coming to an end! Pat and I are waiting for our bus that will take us to our plane for Bangkok where we will spend our last couple of days.

Leaving Koh Tao was hard but at least we knew we were off to another island paradise. From Koh Tao we took an overnight boat. Pat had to sleep next to a big guy that took up half of Pat's mattress! Than we got a bus to Krabi and from there a boat to Koh Phi Phi. We arrived in Koh Phi Phi quite exhausted! We spent two days on Koh Phi Phi which turned out to be not what we expected. It was more expensive and not as beautiful as Koh Tao... but after Koh Tao we did have very high standards! The island had a lot of rubbish on it because of the tsunami which was really sad. It seemed more of a party island than what we had expected.

We only spent two nights on Koh Phi Phi. We did a sunset tour of the surrounding islands which turned out to be our favorite tour of the trip! We went to monkey bay (but the monkey's weren't there). We snorkled and kayaked through a lagoon. Than we went to Maya beach (from the movie 'the beach'). It was beautiful! We snorkled around there and just relaxed for an hour. We had dinner on the boat at sunset between three small islands. It may have been the most beautiful thing that we have ever seen. After dinner we floated there and watched thousands of birds fly home for the night. These birds fly to this one very small island every night and nobody knows where they go during the day. Literally, the sky became black with birds. After that we went back to Koh Phi Phi.

The next day we caught a morning boat to Koh Lanta. We have been in paradise since arriving here. We are staying in a bungalow for about $9 a night (which Pat has nicknamed animal kingdom). Our bungalow does have many 'friends' in it. One day I walked in to find a foot long lizard scurry across our floor! But the resort is beautiful! It has a perfect beach and pool right beside it. The staff are really friendly, they have a bbq on the beach every night, and the bar staff are halarious young guys that say they are Jamaican (they sure act like they are!). We have spent our days here scooting around on a moped, lying by the pool or on the beach, and hanging out with people. We spent a couple hours on Wednesday on an elephant trek. It was great. We rode an elephant about 30 minutes into the jungle than got off and hiked to a cave. We crawled through 'Tiger cave' and than started the trek back. On the way back we stopped at a little spring in the middle of the jungle and had a swim. It was quite refreshing.

(I am now finishing this travel blog back at home)

When we left Koh Lanta it was a very sad day. But my mind was trying to focus on shopping! I had held back on shopping because we were travelling very light for our whole trip! We met our friends from Korea, Jaclyn and Jamin in Bangkok. We all shopped, ate, drank, and experienced a bit of Bangkok's known nightlife entertainment! Crazy stuff! We had a great time!

Our flight home was sad. It marked the end to an amazing three weeks. The only thing keeping my head up now is wedding plans! yeh!

Sorry about the lack of pictures, our digital camera didn't like its swim.

Love Laurie and Pat

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb