weds day 82


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 14th 2015
Published: April 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Not having had the best nights sleep i had a chat with the manager over breakfast to ask if he had a portable fan for the room. Some of the rooms do come with air conditioning - but they are a little beyond my budget and usually a fan is perfectly adequate for the job. The fan being on its last legs and them not having a portable one the manager said for me to leave my room key with him for the day and he would sort something out. Feeling pleased that it was gonna be sorted i headed out to firstly get some laundry done then to book my return journey back to Bangkok in a few days time. Deciding to travel first class the entire ticket ( boat from Ko Pha Ngan, bus to train station and train from Surat Thani) cost just over 2000 baht - 40 pounds - could have done it cheaper but i didnt think that was too bad a price. Finding out through facebook messaging that Elizabeth ( the french canadian girl i visited Ko Lipe with) was on Ko Pha Ngan also and staying in a hotel just down the road i went to visit her. Sitting chatting for a bit and relaxing by a lovely swimming pool at her hotel, i then headed off to the local supermarket to stock up on drinks. Directly in front of the shop was a lovely food market so after having a wander round and trying a few local delicacies i headed back to elizabeths hotel for a movie night. Asking a lady in passing if she knew what the movie was and finding out that shes english - we sat and ended up chatting for the rest of the evening, completely missing the movie! it wasnt that good anyway. She was on holiday with her husband and their 2 kids and with a friend and her partner for 10 days. Spending a really nice evening chatting i had forgotten to pop back to my hotel to pick up my door key! but recieving no phone call from the hotel i just thought that someone would still be there - like a security person at night just to oversee things. How wrong i was! getting back to the hotel at 23.30 it was in pitch blackness and looking round with a torch lent to me by a girl sitting nearby on the beach couldnt find my key anywhere!! Thinking that the manager would have just left it on the side with a note - nothing of the sort! so starting to contemplate spending the night on the beach i went and had a good look over my door and just having a bit of a flimsy lock decided to use my rear end to break through! After the third attempt i was in! what a relief - and with not too much damage to the door either! With the bonus of a new fan attached to the wall i had a better nights sleep than i would have done 20 minutes ago!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1118s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb