Day 50 Thailand, Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 12th 2014
Published: December 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello,



Last day travelling around Koh Phangan by moped, we visited Sramanora waterfall in the south east, but to be honest all the waterfalls we have seen on the island have not been worth the effort. They either have little water in them, construction work going on by the side or huge industrial pipes going through them. Oh well we were pleased we found this one today along all the maze dirt paths.



Later in the morning we visited Haad Thong beach. This was quiet and fairly clean, but no chance of snorkeling here as visibility is almost non existent.



In the afternoon we rode down to Bann Haad Rin, we spent about an hour on Haad Rin Nok (sunshine beach). This had many bars restaurants on it-it’s also where the full moon party takes place. Unfortunately because we stayed longer in Phi Phi we have missed the full moon and leave before the half moon. It’s definitely another reason to come back to the island In the future, that along with the gorgeous beaches, safe environment, lovely people and the amazing food.



In the evening we went to get food at the White Rabbit along from our hostel, we went with a German girl who has just arrived. The White Rabbit had good western food but obviously more expensive than going else where for Thai food, our firdt western food in ages (Neil seems to always want Thai food, he loves it).



Quiet in the hostel tonight, before the storm (half moon) starts on the 15th. We sat and watched a film (Neil said it was the pick of destiny) with the owners and other hostel dwellers. We then watched the start of a Terracotta army documentary before hitting the hay.



Thanks for reading!!



Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.33s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb