Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So, again, we need to journey back before Christmas- I might catch up one day! Just a short blog this one, so won't keep you long!!

19/12- mammoth journey day!

We had to be up at 6am this morning to have breakfast, check out and get on the long tail boat at 7am. The long tail boat took us across to the ferry, which wasn't far away this time. Just a few people got on this stop, we decided to grab some seats whilst it was nice and empty! Bags in the corner again ready to be dumped upon. We stopped at Tonsai pier to pick everybody else up and get their luggage on...we then pulled alongside another boat, where more people proceeded to get on! We were worried about the time as we had a plane to catch! Finally we were away and heading to Phuket! By the time we arrived in Phuket we had been on the ferry for 4 hours! We had a transfer booked through the holiday inn hotel in Phi Phi, so we found him and he took us to the airport. We made it in time for our Phuket to Koh samui flight thankfully! It was only a small plane, with propellers, I got pulled aside to check my hand luggage into the hold as the plane was so small! It was free so I agreed after some valuables rearranging! We even got fed on this 40 minute flight- just a light meal. We were glad we aren't vegetarians though as their meal was a banana and 2 apples!! We landed in the tiny samui airport, and had to get in a little land train to the terminal, where we all waited for our bags to be passed onto the baggage claim belt! The next phase of our epic journey consisted of getting a ferry from samui to Koh Phangan. We booked a ferry ticket and transfer from the airport and got in a minibus with some other people heading to the ferry. We went from Nathon Pier on the Lomproyah ferry, which was a nice catamaran. It only took half an hour to get to Phangan, and then when we were there, we found a shuttle service, which consisted of a pick up truck! We sat in the back with the luggage and a few other people and were finally on our way to our hotel! We made it! Yay! The hotel was nice, all bieng done up before Christmas. We headed down to the beach to have some dinner, where Charlie the bar man was chatting to us, and made us some very strong but nice cocktails! We had a delicious padThai on the beach, which only cost 60baht- just over £1 and it was one of the best pad Thais I have ever eaten! Time to sleep! Think we need an award for most modes of transport in one day!!

20/12

We got up to have our free breakfast at the hotel, which was very nice. We decided to lounge about at the pool all day today after such a busy day yesterday! It was a very hot day, we were in and out of the pool a lot! We had some lovely smoothies at the pool, made by an English guy who works at the hotel. I did some reading on my kindle and we generally relaxed and lazed all morning! There was a random shower of rain about 1.30-2.00, so we decided to have some lunch, and then the sun came out so we sunbathed and swum some more! In the evening we had dinner on the beach again accompanied by another strong cocktail by Charlie! A lovely lazy day, but unfortunately we move on again tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb