Ko Phangan -17.08.12 - 20.08.12


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
September 2nd 2012
Published: September 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After the most horrible of ferry rides we were piled into a pick up to get over to the area where we were staying. After a bit of research we had decided to make the trip to the quiet northern point of the island for a bit of a chill out instead of heading for the infamous Hadd Rin, home of the full moon party. So we stayed in Thong Nai Pan Noi, the smallest of a pair of beach resorts.

A slightly hairy 30 minute trip was rewarded by the most beautiful and isolated beach yet! We seemed to be staying in the only budget accommodation in a small village of fancy resorts. Although the accommodation was cheap and basic, it was perfect, a little bungalow with a fan and a hammock out the front. We could easily find ourselves a quiet patch of beach with no one nearby!

We spent another nice 3 days lounging about on our lovely beach. We did try to go out walking to find a local waterfall, but after walking about 3 times further than the waterfall should have been, we gave in and headed back!

On the evenings all the bars and restaurants bar one were closed by 10.30, so we had some nice quiet dinners cooked in tiny kitchens in family restaurants, and some nice peaceful early nights. We did manage a trip round to the bigger bay on one evening in order for James to watch the first Liverpool game of the season; we won’t talk about that though! However at this point my capabilities of football chat were stretched to the max and we had to find James another boy to talk first day of the season excitement with!

On the final night we managed to find the one late night bar – the reggae bar, where obviously nothing but Bob Marley is played and all the staff are dressed in red green and gold!

We got a small local boat over to koh samui rather than going right back to the main ferry port and paying more taxi fares, this meant we got to see Hadd Rin beach….and that just reinforced we picked the right beach for us!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb