Ko Phangan pt.2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 29th 2012
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We awoke the next day to my first taste of a tropical storm. It started with the rain literally pounding down on the roof of our bungalow. Back home on the west coast of british colombia, we get a lot of rain and occasionally we get some driving rain that pours down and forces cars to pull over as their wind shield wipers just cant keep up with the deluge. The rain that morning made those look like spring showers. It hammered down and within seconds there were wide spreading pools on the ground and palm trees bending under the pressure. Then the flashes of lightning over our heads followed immediately by window rattling thunder. It was incredible, and I stood out on the deck of our bungalow marvelling at the sheer power of it all. Despite the force of the storm it was still a balmy 35 degrees. It lasted about 15 more minutes and let up as quickly as it had started. 30 minutes later it was like it had never happened. The pools had dried up, the skies cleared and the sun beat down like any other day.
We got dressed and headed up to our favorite restaurant for some breakfast. A meal in our bellies, we got ourselves geared up for the party ahead and caught a truck down to Haad Rin to enjoy the beach and surrounding area before the party started.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb