Our honeymoon - Koh Phangan, Ko Samui and Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are finally back in the UK now. We got back to our house at 9.30pm after being up for nearly 24 hours, but it was all worth it. What an amazingly holiday its been with our wedding and honeymoon and getting to share it with so many friends/family. Thanks to everyone that came out, you helped make everything really special for us.

Well back to our last week of the trip, our honeymoon. We had chosen Thong Nai Pan in Koh Phangan for our main honeymoon destination as we had heard it has soft white sand, beautiful mountains in the background and lovely clear water and it didn't let us down on any counts. Seb and Amy were coming with us for the first few days, which was really nice, so we all got a boat together across to Koh Phangan. There was a boat that picked us up directly outside our hotel and took us straight to the beach we wanted to go to, so even though this beach meant wading though water (or in my case getting lifted on to the boat on Nat's shoulders) we decided to get this boat rather than get the big boat that would take us to the other side of Koh Phangan where we would have to then pay for a taxi to the hotel. This ended up being a great idea as this boat took us all the way round the east coast of Koh Phangan past some beautiful beaches, so it was like having a free tour (on the big boat you just see open water the whole way).

Me and Nat then had the most relaxing week, spending lots of time chilling in the hammock. I also had some good news, I was finally allowed back in the water again the last couple of days, as long as I went straight to the clinic afterwards to get it re-dressed. It was so amazing being able to go into the sea, it was lovely and warm and the water was so clear. We hired a motorbike for most of the time we were there, to save walking on my foot and on the day before we let we drove round the north of the island exploring different beaches, Koh Phangan is so beautiful, it was a lovely dayt out.

After Thong Nai Pan we had been planning to go to another beach on Koh Phangan to go to a party, but Nat wasnt feeling to great so we headed back to Koh Samui instead to collect our wedding DVD and chill our before our flight back to Bangkok. It turned out that the wedding DVD still wasn't ready, but we had a lovely 24 hours chilling at a resort called Lolita in Maenam where for the bargin price of 800 baht we got a huge bungalow with a balcony with a sea view and a fridge in our room.

We were both sad to say goodbye to the islands, but we had a fun 24 hours in Bangkok where we shopped til we dropped, literally! I don't think I've ever had such a big shopping spree before, it was fab. We went to the MBK Centre first where all the teeneagers in Bangkok go. Then we went to Chatuchuk Market, one of the worlds largest markets with around 10,000 stalls!! It was mad, we only got to see a small part of it as you would need all day to see it all, if not more than 1 day. We were going to go to a sky bar for a drink, but we were shattered so we had one last drink with Seb and Amy who had arrived in Bangkok earlier that day, before getting an early night and then an early morning flight home to the UK. What an amazing holiday!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb