Smell of Bangkok, blissful Ko Phangan and Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 10th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Flight with Thai air was not the best start - despite booking tickets together and rocking up in Heathrow 3 hours prior departure, we were told that we were not able to sit next to each other 😊. Never happened before and quite a basic thing but at least we arrived on time in Bangkok. Bangkok is interesting (meant in the English way) and there is a really strong smell, which hits you every time you leave the building. We did the tourist thing, visited a couple of wats and Koa san road and bought souvenirs. The highlight was meeting N (Em's friend from Austria) and trying all the different type of transports - boat, taxi, tuktuk, metro and sky train. Bad experience with the tuktuk that drove us into an alley and rubbish tip...

Now, Ko Phangan: we are staying on salad beach and it is just total bliss. We have a bungalow on the sea with 3 panoramic windows and a terrace and there is only one of its kind in the resort were we are staying. The beach is just beautiful, the snorkelling is good, daily Sunsets and a large Chang everyday - what else could you ask for? Oh well, a Thai massage on the beach maybe. The only bad thing is that Em is looking like a lobster despite wearing a shirt when snorkelling and putting loads of cream. The sun just finds its way and every little part of the body that is not covered turn red within minutes. On Thursday, we went on a day trip to the National Park and the scenery is absolutely stunning - loved it.

Next stop was Ko Tao (there are no pics as the camera broke but we might add some thanks to N). We stayed in Charm Churee and were expecting a very airy and large bungalow somewhere high up in the mountains. In reality, we ended up directly on the beach in a small cave (its room number 23 if you are interested). Perfect location as Jamson bay is a great little bay but the room looksw very different from the pictures shown on the website - Frankie loved the cave though! Koh Tao does not have as many nice beaches as the West Coast of Ko Phangan but snorkelling is great. The house reef was already good and Mango bay was fantastic. Thanks to N, who is an experienced diver we saw a reef shark and also encountered the Triggerfish (we didn't know what it was and were following this 'nice' fish until we understood N's diving signals).




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



27th February 2011

thanks...
... for the "experienced diver"! and always remember the triggerfish, beautiful, but that aggressive look says everything... pics to follow! took a lot! had great fun travelling with you both, hope to see you soon - on a trip like this would be perfect!
27th February 2011
Our Bungalow

Nice bungalow
Hi Could you give me the name of the resort where these bungalows are They look really nice Cheers
28th February 2011

Response
Hi There We stayed in Cookies Resort on Salad Beach. The bungalow is the Beachfront bungalow and there is only...We did enjoy the resort but breakfast was poor quality and we didn't use the pool.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb