Thailand, Our Final Destination!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
January 21st 2011
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everybody,

Hope everybody is well and looking forward to seeing us back home soon! We can't wait to see you all!

We are now in Thailand, loving every minute of our time here, except unfortunately on my birthday.... when it decided to pour with rain whilst we were on what was supposed to be a lovely boat day trip to the Ang Thong Islands. I did however manage to have a great evening as we went out for dinner and Abi had arranged with the hotel to get me a birthday cake with candles, where lots of people, including the local Thai children sang happy birthday to me!

From Malaysia, our first stop in Thailand was on Ko Phi Phi, a very small but very beautiful island. Whilst here we went on a longtail boat to Maya Bay, the beach that was used in the film 'The Beach' It was stunning, but crowded with people due to it's fame!! The other beaches we stopped at around Phi Phi were equally as stunning but quieter and on Monkey beach, we got to see more wild monkeys!

After Ko Phi Phi we travelled over to Koh Sumui, also a nice island, but not as stunning. A lot more 'resorty'. We then got the boat over to Koh Pha-Ngan in time for the full moon party on the 19th. The full moon party was pretty crazy and roughly 10,000 people attend each month! It was basically a massive beach party, with fire shows, fireworks and dancing. We watched as lots of crazy people were trying skip over flaming ropes and jump through flaming hoops! You can imagine most of them were very drunk and we've noticed in the last couple of days that some people have bandages around their ankles, which we suspect are from burns! We did not take part in this! The rest of our time here has been spent on the beach. We are trying to make the most of the sun and relaxing before returning to the UK.

Our next stop is Koh Tao, another island, where we will probably do pretty much the same before heading to crazy Bangkok for our final 5 days.

Can't wait to see you all although we can wait to feel cold in the English weather!

็็๋็่่Lots of Love
Simon and Abi xxxxxxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb