KO PHA-NGAN


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After taking Suzie back to Bangkok to catch her flight, I met up with Robbie and Justin at Ko Pha-Ngan. We decided to go to a Full Moon Party while we were there as it would have been rude not to! It was pretty crazy, the beach was full of people partying and it was a good thing to see. The tunes were a bit ropey, but the atmosphere was good, and all of the people that we met were pretty cool. We met a man called Nick who had a picture of his own face drawn on his chest, which was a bit weird! He was cool though and became Rob's best friend for the evening. He did remind me of a young Jim Morrison a bit as well.

After a few days at Haad Rin, we took a trip up to the north of the island and it was mostly dense jungle and stunning landscapes. The roads away from the port were completely raw and basically just dirt paths with huge craters gouged out of them. It was worth the effort to get there though as the north seemed really undeveloped. There were also more Thai than Western people there, which is always a good thing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb