Ko Phangan - Party All Night Long


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
August 7th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
FULL MOON PARTY - VIDEOS and PHOTOS

Ko Pha-Ngan


This Island has a bit of everything. We stayed on the northwest side of the island on "Hat Salad" beach. One of the best beaches on the island, with a few high price resorts, and a couple small bungalows places. We stayed at "My Way Bungalows" very nice and cheap. Prices range from 250B to 900B. Worth a look. For one day we rented a scooter and jumped around from beach to beach on the northern coast. We also took in a elephant ride and a snake show. The snake show was interesting. One crazy guy taunting 4 King Cobras till they were rather annoyed. Then he proceeds to get close enough to kiss each of then on there heads. Then he pulled out some snakes for us to play with. (checkout the photos)

Full Moon Party.


If your coming to Thailand this is a must. The party happens every month during the night of the full moon. Sunrise Beach in the town of "Hat Rin" the southern tip of Ko Phangan. The party takes place on a 600m beach and has been know to get up to 30000 partiers, parting all night long till well after the sun comes up. A lot of drunken people dancing and having fun. The drink of choice is the Bucket: 8oz of your favourite alcohol mixed with 2 red bulls or coke served in a beach bucket with a lot of straws so you can share with all your new friends. The entertainment is fire :twirling fire, spinning fire and skipping with fire (video) What a Party! (Check out the Videos)
Cheers
Tim and Meagan


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



14th September 2009

I have never tried a Full Moon Party, because the crowds and dance music make it off putting. But, your photos are seriously tempting me to try it. :)
14th September 2009

I was at the same party :)
Small world huh? - enjoyed it very much - nice videos!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb