The only place to be on a full moon...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
May 21st 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm sure you've heard of it, and if you haven't, well you are out of the loop with probably the best beach party in the world! Every full moon, back packers converge on Hat Rin in Koh Pha Ngan to dance the night away!

We had reached Ko Pha Ngan on the morning of the 20th, and decided to just take an easy day lazing round the beach and swinging hammocks to rest up for the big night. In the late afternoon, we met up with Angie, Lauren, Kat and Steph from my trip in Cambodia. The seven of us headed to Hat Rin for dinner before the party started. To show the scale of the party, there were cops stopping some songthaews (pickup truck taxis that you ride on the back of) going to Hat Rin to search for who knows what. Imagine a whole stretch of beach full of food vendors, people dancing and fire shows. Fire works went off periodically in the background as we worked on way down the beach. Each club had its own theme from the "mellow" mountain bar to reggae, hip hop and euro/techno/rave. Only essential: black light body paint. This is going to be a short blog because there's no way to describe it, you just gotta go and experience it yourself!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb