Happy holidays from the sun and sand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 13th 2007
Published: December 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

MonkeysMonkeysMonkeys

These monkeys hung out on the powerlines just across from our bungalows in Ko Chang, Lonely beach. They waited every day for people to come by to feed them bananas for breakfast.
Happy holidays to everyone!
I think that when we last blogged we were in Trat on our way to Cambodia to renew our visas. We’ll we never actually made it to Cambodia and of course there is always a better and much harder way to leave the country.. and that’s where our blog begins. We decided rather than spending all the money that we had in order to get to Cambodia, we would just head to Bangkok to try to get an extension on our 1 month visit so that we could stay longer. But, to our surprise, apparently the rules have been changed now and the longest extention that we could get is 7 days.. which costs 2000B for just the week. So we headed to the airport cause we only had about 8 hours before we legally HAD to be out of Thailand… (“last minute Lucy… I know mom). We found the cheapest flight out which landed us in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia.

Although our visit in Malaysia was short and brief, we definitely highly enjoyed what we saw and we’re very excited to return once the South is out of monsoon season. The city of Kuala Lampur is
Bamboo tattoo by BlueBamboo tattoo by BlueBamboo tattoo by Blue

Getting a tattoo by one of the best, is there anything better???
very beautiful and actually reminded us a lot like Vancouver. We had a chance to stand outside of the Twin Towers which had also been a part of Brian’s dreams. Pretty amazing to see, I must say. After a day in KL we headed to the NW end of Malyasia and found ourselves far off the beaten path in a very small village call Kaki Bukkit. But not before Brian discovered that his Me-goreng noodles are all in the stands!!

There was really not too much to the village of Kaki Bukkit but EXTREMELY friendly people and it was a short walk to some old mining caves. These caves were about 500 meters long with the river flowing right through it. It was used over 100 years ago to mine tin. Now it has been developed into a beautiful recreation park where all the kids come to swim in the river and people can go exploring through the caves and jungle.

Our visit to Malaysia was cut short because we discovered that it was over 3X more to sleep and eat there. So after just 3 days, we found ourselves back in Thailand and headed straight to Krabi.
Sunset from our first "home" in Ko ChangSunset from our first "home" in Ko ChangSunset from our first "home" in Ko Chang

Brian would have stayed here forever.. if he had a choice!
We arrived in Tonsai late in the evening and we discovered that all the moving around, sleeping upright and air conditioned buses resulted in Brian being very sick and to end it all off once he finally started to feel better he had his first experience with the dreaded traveller’s…. you get the picture, I’m sure. He blames it on a bad case of beef and swears he is now a vegitarean… (which only really lasted for 12 hours after the sickness stoped.. until he found his first McDonald’s that is).

My time in Tonsai was relaxing while Bri was in pain recovering. I spent a lot of time on the beach where my only decisions were when to flip over and when it’s time to have another… shake. Unfortunately I didn’t go climbing (Krabi is known for some of the best clombinh in the world), but we just could not afford it at the time… Chiu don’t scold be.. I regret it already!

We have now found our new home for the next couple weeks in Koh Phan Ngan. We went out to the Black Moon party on the evening after we arrived and danced the night away till 8 the next morning.. which also explains some of the random screaming phone messages that some of you got… we can’t really remember but we love you all the same!!

We have just moved to our beloved Big Blue on Haad Yuen! We will be staying here until just after the holidays and will be here to celebrate the Full moon on Christmas eve. We will be trying to call everyone around Christmas so if you see crazy are codes please answer… we are not the collections agencies after you, we just wanna talk to you!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! We love you and wish you were here!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



13th December 2007

yo yo yo da
Hey guys!!!! I'm so glad you are having such a good time. What a crazy adventure. I'm loving this blog! Merrry Blue Christmas. I'm in Vancouver now at Al's place. I love Vancouver. All the best you two love birds. ps. sorry about the runs Brian - that's unfortunate...... xxx Norah
14th December 2007

You Found Noodles...sweeeeet
So ya, sorry to hear about the scoots there man, but it aint got shit on my Bolivian bus plus Bolivian BK Whopper adventure...i do however feel your pain...fuckin wicked to hear from you as always...same shit here, it doesnt change, so live it up while you are there...miss you guys tonnes, but am totally stoked cause i know how awesome it is to be away, anywhere...peacenluv always, shane.
14th December 2007

I hate you... ...just kidding, I love you guys. ...but no really, I hate you! ;) Say Hi to Thai Chiu. I wonder if a mango shake would survive if you mailed it home to me?... hmmm.
16th December 2007

Ooooooooh Yeeeeeeah
Now, you're travelling. Glad y'all are having a magnificient time. Thanks for the rememberings. Have fun on that charmed Sunrise beach on Ko Phan Gan and remember Serenity Bungalos...... walk to the beach, turn left and then all the way to the end and half-way up the hill. Play safe and don't do anything I wouldn't do. And send more pics, close up on Tattoos and tan lines respectivly. Danka.
19th December 2007

Hi Guys!! I am glad you are having a wonderful time!! Miss you both tons!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Hope to see you in April!! Kimmy ps. did I mention that I miss you!!!!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb