party party party!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
November 21st 2007
Published: November 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

well it's been such a long time since my last blog...sorry to anyone that has a) been worried about me...has anyone? or b) is mad at me for not giving them something better to do whislt they are supposed to be working...!!
I will just condense a few days otherwise i'll be here all day....plus i have to admit there are a few blank spots where i cannot quite remember what i have done! It must be my age...or maybe the drink? Hey i'm on holiday it's allowed.

Wednesday/Thursday/ Friday (7th 8th 9th)
Days off from clinic but still raining a lot. One day there was no electric ALL day as they are upgrading the system so no internet and no sunshine either so didn't do much. Other days i just braved the storm, put on my shiny blue johnny mac and went off trundling around the island on my moped, stopping off to walk around a waterfall. It's really weird but all those days i spent at work saying "oh i wish i was just sitting around doing nothing" and now i have the chance to i find it hard to do. Though i will keep trying as some time next year (sound good saying that) i will unfortunately have to come home and go back to work. There has been a festival on this week so on Friday night we went into town and met up with Av and Lot for a few drinks watching the Thai entertainment - very amusing!

Saturday 10th November

We spent the day house hunting as we have to move next week. James came along to show us a few places though most were either not available or too much money.
Nathan joined us later at Coco with his mate Ty who has just arrived for a few weeks. We all went into town along with Belinda and had a few drinks before returning to Coco. Stel and Ty decided to have races whilst drinking tequila sunrise....oh boy! We then decided to go across to Sky bar to play some pool. Funny enough Ty was now having trouble walking and even managed to puke in the fish pond at Sky bar - right in front of 2 people who were eating..!! Oops.
Ty crashed out in my room (i have a spare bed!) but later i woke up to find my door wide open and no sign of Ty....it turns out he wandered off into the night with just my sarong wrapped around him and somehow managed to find his way back to Sky bar where Nathan was still playing pool. On top of that another joke of the night was i had 2 towels in my room and he chose the pink one to use after a shower...oh he will never live that one down either.

Sunday 11th November

really busy day at clinic - Phong didn't stop working as soon as one animal left another was waiting at the door.
I have tomorrow off work as a favor to Av (just means i have a full week next week so she can have a holiday) so me Stel and the lads are off up to Haad Khom (the beach resort they stay at)
It's about 30 minutes on our bikes and most of the road is ok, well apart from the pot holes and sand on the road. Though that was nothing to what lay ahead....the dreaded rollercoaster of sand!! After turning off from Chaloklum there was the steepest hill i've been up so far. Stel was going a bit too slow so i had to blast past her shouting "give it some welly Stelly..." Once at the top of this hill the concrete just ended...and there was the rollercoaster of sand! I must add at this point that the lads had gone off and left us - boy would they get some stick for that later! The road was pitch black and our torches aren't the brightest. There was no way we could ride our bikes down there so parked up and walked to last bit to the resort. We had a laugh and didn't feel in any danger but we wound the lads up saying we had no torches and that there was a bear in the woods! (i know, there are no bears in Thailand but it was funny anyway)
Anyway we had a great night, drank loads and met some of their friends that stay at the resort. On the way back along the beach there is a swing hanging from a big coconut tree...we just couldn't resist having a go but i only went once as it made me feel sick!

Monday 12th November

Spent the day at Haad Khom - me and the lads helped the owners fill sand bags as the sea keeps coming up too high! Then after a leisurely morning soaking up the sun we went for a little scramble along the rocks. I gave up when it got a bit steep so just sat chilling on the rocks for a while enjoying the view.
We left about 4pm as didn't want to drive home in the dark. The concrete hill was a lot steeper looking from the top! How the hell did we manage that last night! There were loose stones all over the road so i just squeezed my back brake and literally inched my way down! Oh how glad am i that there was nobody there to see it. Stel got stuck with her bike as her back brake doesn't work so i had to walk back up and get her bike down too - oh i'm such a pro now!

Black Moon party....the lads picked us up in a taxi on their way past - Oggy has come too and though he didn't bring his Poi he managed to borrow some so see videos attached. The black moon was great as only one sound system on the beach with lots of LED painted stuff on the backdrop. I had a great night talking to people and watching Oggy do his Poi - (sexy muthafucka..!)
Stel and Ty at some point decided to go for a swim - silly wotsits left all their stuff on the beach and surprise surprise it got nicked! Camera, phone, room key and bike key.
The lads managed to break into Stels room by taking some glass slats out.
I finally got to bed at 6am....!!!

Tuesday 13th November

Oh my- supposed to be in work at 8.30...woke up at 8.20..!! I had leant Oggy my bike to go home on and of course Stel has no key to hers so had to jog to work! Managed to get there by 8.45 so no great harm done.
I got through the day and finally left work at 5pm...i didn't dare risk having a kip before going back out as i don't think i would have got back up, so as the lads were in the bar i joined them for a drink!
We had a leaving do for Alex - the volunteer vet - as she is leaving the island tomorrow. We had dinner at A's then had a few games of pool at the Anchor - had a good laugh and managed to stay till midnight.

Wednesday 14th November

Ty and Nathan woke me up at 8.30am..!!...returning my bike on behalf of Oggy so i wouldn't be without it on my day off..!!bless em
They went off into town and i joined them later around 11.30 and spent half the day drinking and playing pool. It's great to have some mates to spend the day with at last, which is why this blog is so bloomin big as what's better - me taking advantage of 2 lovely young lads while they are here or sitting in a cafe writing and mailing..!! No contest. You have to go where the party is while you can you know!
Later i took the lads to see our 2 choices of houses - i decided to go on the back of Ty's bike as there was a dodgy bit of muddy road i didn't fancy riding across - that was the least of my problems as before we had even reached there Ty, for whatever reason, landed us in a ditch!! No harm done, just a bruised knee for me and a scabby knee and sore ribs for Ty.
We had arranged to meet Av and Brendan in town for what was supposed to be a quiz night - i know that sounds like fun, not - but the bar is going to be doing a fundraising evening for PAC so Av asked that we go along. Luckily it was cancelled aso got have an eary night. I found a puppy wandering the streets on the way home. I stopped to try and find where it had came from but there was nothing and nobody about that could help. So i stuffed the puppy down my top and took it back to my room! She was lovely and fell asleep as soon as i put her on the bed. We left her there whilst we wandered up to the beach bar - good job we only stayed for one as she was making a right racket when we got back!
She kept me awake for ages and i even left the door open for a while as she fell asleep on the door mat. Later on she climbed up on my bed and snuggled up. So sweet!

Thursday 15th November

After brekkie i got the puppy all wrapped up in a sarong and jumped on the back of Ty's bike so we could go try find her owner. Luckily we did...she belonged to the flower shop that was at the petrol station near where we found her! I was so happy as i would have cried if we's had to have just left her. Her name was Marley.
Spent much of the day again playing pool and drinking....hahah...how old am i..??!! Oh age is just a number...i'm having a great time.
I went back up to Haad Kohm with the lads later as they have this thing about going for pizza night in Chaloklum on a Thurday - it was a very good pizza too! Some of the others from Haad Kohm joined us too but Ty wasn't feeling so good so we left early. Yes we had to tackle the rollercoaster of sand again but this time i would be on the back of Ty's dirt bike. He does motorcross at home so wasn't too worried but his headlight wasn't so good...and yes...just
me on my bikeme on my bikeme on my bike

notice the helmet Mom...!
near the end of the rollercoaster we stacked it again!! Luckily, though god knows how, we again got away with just a bruised arm for me and scabby knee for Ty!! Will i ever learn?? But it's just so much fun on a dirtbike!

Friday 16th November

I managed to get a lift back to Thong Sala in the 4x4 so didn't have to worry about any more bruises!
Spent the day - yet again - playing pool and drinking....oh i'm getting too used to this now!
The lads stayed over again and we spent the night at Coco with Brooke (Ozzie girl) and 2 Canadian girls. We were all on cocktails or Sangsom and coke so had a great night getting pissed again (sorry Mom..!) Lee put a Glastonbury DVD on so we even had a sing song whilst lounging about on the cushions.

Saturday 17th November - house moving day!

I had to be at work for 9am to feed and help medicate the patients. Schwepp has a really nasty big wound on her side and i had to hold her whilst it was cleaned - the worst bit is when Phong actually wipes her finger under the skin to see how far it goes...uurrgghh...not nice!

The lads helped us move all our stuff down the road to our new house - so funny...a convoy of 4 motorbikes all loaded up with backpacks and extra stuff tied to the sides of the packs too!!
I suggested the lads go get some beers only they came back with a load of Jack Daniles and coke..! Oh my...i tried to join in but have to admit defeat...my week of partying and drinking had finally caught up with me and i was a bit of a party pooper - i tried to sleep but couldn't drop off but also wasn't feeling so sociable either...OVERTIRED!!

Sunday 18th November

It was really quiet at the clinic today - 2 dogs in morning then nothing till 4.30!

We met up with James for dinner at a lovely restaurant in Baan Tai - funnily enough it was called Baan Tai restaurant!
went back to house and had a nice girly evening, chatting about shit and painting our nails and phoned home.

Monday 19th November

Had a busy day at work - i am getting used to restraining the animals a bit better now though Schwepp had to be sedated whilst they put a drain into her wound and she turned and snapped at me!! Por then put a towel over her head and took control there as i held her back legs! Safer there!

Got home to find the lads and Oggy on the balcony. We all went out for dinner then - you guessed it - got pissed again! quite a good recovery for an old bird don't you think - 2 days off after a 6 day bender and i'm at it again!

Tuesday 20th November

It was a sad day at work today - a puppy was brought in yesterday that had been ran over - her back leg was broken and she had fractuers on the other one too so they had to put her to sleep - so sad....i cried again! Then we had 2 separate puppys brought in that have Parvo - a really nasty parasite that attacks the intestine. There was a poodle brought in last week that died from it and god it stank! There is a really bad smell that the vets say you only get with Parvo - and it ain't nice. The puppy's were both put on a drip then sent home for a few hours. Both returned at 4.30 for more treatment. I hope they make it.

Just me and Stel tonight so we went shopping after dinner looking for more trousers...like i have room for any more stuff in my backpack!
I managed to find Ty a new pink towel too as the last one belonged to the bungalow and think he was missing it hahaha.Then another early night, just drinking coffee on the balcony tonight!

flippin eck...thats it for now...i'm all caught up with me blog..gonna go look for some more trousers now as didn't find a colour i wanted last night, then i'm going to get my nose pierced...if i can decide which colour nose studd i want!








Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb