Ko Pha Ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

25th May

After quite a comfy train journey we take a coach to the pier and then a boat out to Ko Pha Ngan. After arriving at our accommodation (a beach hut, literally on the beach) we both crash and sleep until sunset. When we wake up I wake Charlotte too and she seems concerned - asking me where the group has gone. We're both finding it odd readjusting to not having everyone else around!

After dinner we sit out on some sun loungers as neither of us feel sleepy. It's a much more comfortable temperature here than in Bangkok - shorts and t-shirt at 11pm is just about perfect.

26th May

Wake up early because of the heat, our fan hardly manages to give a light breeze. I update my blog in the afternoon, but pay about 3p/min for the internet! The islands seem quite a bit more expensive for everything, but it's worth it just to be on a beach like this. I fall asleep in the afternoon - getting into a very European cycle while I'm here. Taking a siesta is defiantly the best sleeping pattern when it's very warm.


27th May

Explore the beach a bit in the morning and decide to go snorkeling in the afternoon. The snorkeling is very good, but also very painful as we didn't rent any fins. After about half an hour we've had enough of kicking rocks and scraping our legs, so we head back to the shore. Finish off our day with cocktails while watching the sun go down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Our beach againOur beach again
Our beach again

Nice and quiet, as always. Perfect place to recover from always being on the road.


20th June 2007

Hi, nice pics. Can you post the name of the beach huts you stayed? I'm going in a few weeks. Thnx a lot. Rgds, Dirk
21st June 2007

Wow
Who needs a front garden indeed! It looks beautiful ... :)
21st June 2007

Cocktails on the beach at sunset with Charlotte? I hope it was as romantic as it sounds...
25th June 2007

Hi Dirk, I was staying on Had Yao beach at "Sandy Bay". There is also a more lively resort at the end of the beach with it's own swimming pool for guests - but I'm guessing that it costs quite a bit more. Have a look at http://www.phangan.info/sandybay for some more pictures of where we stayed.
25th June 2007

Won't have a chance to read your blog for a while because I'm off to Nice, and of course, the Costa del Sol with everyone, but yeah have a good time! We'll update you on the goings-on of the holiday xx

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb